Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > United > => United Contract 2022
Council 5 Toddler Candidate Announced >

Council 5 Toddler Candidate Announced

Search

Notices

Council 5 Toddler Candidate Announced

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 06:47 AM
Aspiring PSA Captain

Joined APC: Sep 2020
Default Council 5 Toddler Candidate Announced

Unbelievable. The Sec/Treas of the C5 wrecking crew has announced his chairman candidacy.

The temerity of spending eight years as an integral part of the cabal and then claiming that you're the one to fix things defies all reason.

Failure to publicly speak out against the Tumi TA, failure to offer a resignation, and the inexplicably fierce determination to avoid a return to "line swine" status speak volumes about character. He was complicit.

GO TO THE MEETING!
Old 09-21-2022, 06:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

“Failing Up”

Alpas new slogan.
Old 09-21-2022, 12:09 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2022

I hate ALPA. It is a toxic and corrupt organization that acts against my interests. Is it possible to have an in-house union that can collectively negotiate for the pilots in a functional manner?
Old 09-21-2022, 12:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by RimonaGregie
I hate ALPA. It is a toxic and corrupt organization that acts against my interests. Is it possible to have an in-house union that can collectively negotiate for the pilots in a functional manner?
Ghost of CAL, is that you?

Why not just nut up and take back YOUR union. If you’re C5 EWR based, it’s gonna be A LOT faster to show up to the meeting and block this sucker. The 70% + participation rate for the first round tells me it shouldn’t be a problem, I think all EWR pilots realize it’s not over.
Old 09-21-2022, 02:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

No you pathetic IACP scab…
Old 09-21-2022, 03:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: The GF of FUPM

Against your interests? That may be because it's supposed to be a union and act for the majority of the pilot force. Perhaps your interests are not aligned with those of the majority.

Now, I've had a beef with the union for a long time, so I can see where you're coming from. Particularly since the contract extension. Which by the way really looks like a giant smoldering turd these days.
Old 09-21-2022, 07:28 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2020

It might be called ALPA but it’s our union. If one genuinely wants to affect change then it starts at the local level. We are witnessing the possibilities in current time.

For those who have 20,30, or Heaven forbid 40 years left, the time is now to direct the future of your career.

Last edited by TodKindrsChikun; 09-21-2022 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-21-2022, 10:37 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Merle Haggard
Unbelievable. The Sec/Treas of the C5 wrecking crew has announced his chairman candidacy.
What a smouldering turd that guy is. Shuffle off!
Old 09-22-2022, 03:48 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: right

Originally Posted by jetjock257
What a smouldering turd that guy is. Shuffle off!
Dude’s been a do-nothing ALPA climber since his days at XJT. Just desperately wants to be “involved.”
Old 09-22-2022, 04:44 AM
Aspiring PSA Captain

Joined APC: Sep 2020

I think there's a real danger of him winning. That would be a travesty on top of a travesty.

People have got to make plans to get to this meeting and put the final wooden stake into the heart of this mess.