Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > United > => United Contract 2022
Council 5 Toddler Candidate Announced >

Council 5 Toddler Candidate Announced

Search

Notices

Council 5 Toddler Candidate Announced

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 08:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA

Originally Posted by fadec
I will. ​​​​Congratulations to PW.
as I said your full of Sh&T. At meeting now, Larry Beck wins CA interim rep over Wenzel.

116/17
Old 09-28-2022, 09:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA

Todd Brower wins FO rep 116/17
Old 09-28-2022, 09:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator
as I said your full of Sh&T. At meeting now, Larry Beck wins CA interim rep over Wenzel.

116/17
Maybe now the guys who failed spectacularly will just go away for good.
Old 09-28-2022, 10:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by fadec
I will. ​​​​Congratulations to PW.
Shows what you know.
Old 09-28-2022, 02:59 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 756 Left Side

As someone who was at the meeting, a Big THANK YOU for everyone who could make it. It was not easy to attend, yet we had over 120 pilots show up.
Outstanding..

I have no doubt that we have turned the corner with the (Interim) Election of LB, TB & SS. I feel they will serve us well for the next few months and guide us to the (semi) Full Term Elections [Which will probably take place in the next month- to start..]

We HAVE begun the slow, and sometimes Painful process of turning the ship. Was never going to happen overnight- but we are already ahead of the other 3 councils with upcoming Recalls!
Now our Goals are simple-
Lets get GREAT Comm going within Council 5. That will lend itself to better comm from/to the MEC.
In turn, an Amazing TA23. Not one where "we will negotiate a better deal in 2 years.. you can trust me"
Bull****. We've waited almost 4 years. Time is Here, Time is Now
Pilots Today, United Next~

Till the next meeting (hopefully in November)
Fly Safe, Fly Professionally and Fly the Contract
Always
Motch
Old 09-28-2022, 10:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

TA23?
………….
Old 09-29-2022, 04:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: 777 CA

Originally Posted by Gooselives
TA23?
………….
That’s more realistic than thinking our NC can get something done in the next 2 months. We have 3 more recall meetings coming in the next 9 days. That will lead to a complete change in the MEC makeup. Followed by a probable change in MC and the entire NC like the majority of the pilots I know have been seeking. I also think with the large retro check coming it would be much better for tax planning if a new contract was signed after Jan 1st instead of late in the year. At this point in the year many people have already maxed out much of their retirement accounts and would get jammed with a large tax bill.

Just simple math shows that an AIP would have to be done in the next 6 weeks or so in order to have something voted on and signed before the end of the year. The MEC is about to take a 2 week LAS vacation (With the TI NASC in tow for their farewell tour) so that takes even more time out of the process.
Old 09-29-2022, 06:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator

116/17
Oh great one of the prime enablers that brought us the Glorious Jay Pierce Reign! The plot changes, but the names stay the same.
Old 09-29-2022, 06:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by JurgenKlopp
Oh great one of the prime enablers that brought us the Glorious Jay Pierce Reign! The plot changes, but the names stay the same.
For those of us that weren't here for that, please explain.
Old 09-29-2022, 08:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by UALinIAH
That’s more realistic than thinking our NC can get something done in the next 2 months. We have 3 more recall meetings coming in the next 9 days. That will lead to a complete change in the MEC makeup. Followed by a probable change in MC and the entire NC like the majority of the pilots I know have been seeking. I also think with the large retro check coming it would be much better for tax planning if a new contract was signed after Jan 1st instead of late in the year. At this point in the year many people have already maxed out much of their retirement accounts and would get jammed with a large tax bill.

Just simple math shows that an AIP would have to be done in the next 6 weeks or so in order to have something voted on and signed before the end of the year. The MEC is about to take a 2 week LAS vacation (With the TI NASC in tow for their farewell tour) so that takes even more time out of the process.
So, in orderr to reduce taxes you want the bouns in the year where you will be making 10-20% more, before the bonus is calculated? That's an interesting plan.