Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > United > => United Contract 2022
Council 5 Toddler Candidate Announced >

Council 5 Toddler Candidate Announced

Search

Notices

Council 5 Toddler Candidate Announced

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 05:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

I hate that I can’t vote while on probation.

heck, I’d run for office if I could! Even as a new hire I could see how awful TA1 was. Getting beat up on reserve all summer gave me a perspective I doubt many of the reps have. It seems they’ve all forgotten what reserve life is like.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by Merle Haggard
I think there's a real danger of him winning. That would be a travesty on top of a travesty.

People have got to make plans to get to this meeting and put the final wooden stake into the heart of this mess.
Paradoxically, him running probably means the meeting will have a higher turn out.
Old 09-25-2022, 10:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by jumppilot
Paradoxically, him running probably means the meeting will have a higher turn out.
All EWR pilots commute from Florida and a hurricane is coming. There will be 6 people max at this meeting. Congratulations to our new LEC chair, PW.
Old 09-25-2022, 10:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by fadec
All EWR pilots commute from Florida and a hurricane is coming. There will be 6 people max at this meeting. Congratulations to our new LEC chair, PW.
board up the house and take the family on a little northeast vacation. They should push the meeting but if they don’t it’s still on membership to make their voice heard.
Old 09-26-2022, 04:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by 01110011
board up the house and take the family on a little northeast vacation. They should push the meeting but if they don’t it’s still on membership to make their voice heard.
​​​​​​Yea, you just pre-emptively pull kids out of school and put your cat and dog in daycare and buy 4 tickets to EWR plus a couple hotel rooms. You could also road trip the family to EWR for even more fun. Schools will close anyway, but if you wait for that you're not planning ahead. You especially can't wait with the pet daycare. Those fill up! Pilots need to understand what's important and make this meeting! No excuses.
Old 09-26-2022, 06:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

​​​​​​Yea, you just pre-emptively pull kids out of school and put your cat and dog in daycare and buy 4 tickets to EWR plus a couple hotel rooms. You could also road trip the family to EWR for even more fun. Schools will close anyway, but if you wait for that you're not planning ahead. You especially can't wait with the pet daycare. Those fill up! Pilots need to understand what's important and make this meeting! No excuses.
Ok enjoy your interim rep then.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by 01110011
Ok enjoy your interim rep then.
I will. ​​​​Congratulations to PW.
Old 09-26-2022, 06:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA

I will. ​​​​Congratulations to PW.

Like many of your posts your totally out of touch and have little to no credibility. Your wrong!
Old 09-27-2022, 06:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

How many more years do you have on the property here?

If you have more than 5 or so, then yes....this meeting is THAT important to the long-term health of our union and will directly affect our long-term compensation, quality of life, and flight safety. All those things will have direct impacts on your family life.

We NEED a huge turn out and for everyone to stay actively involved.

We have a few kids in the house, two birds, an African Grey parrot...and I WILL make that meeting come hell or high water. Just hope the water doesn't get that high...
Old 09-27-2022, 02:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by That Guy 74
How many more years do you have on the property here?

If you have more than 5 or so, then yes....this meeting is THAT important to the long-term health of our union and will directly affect our long-term compensation, quality of life, and flight safety. All those things will have direct impacts on your family life.

We NEED a huge turn out and for everyone to stay actively involved.

We have a few kids in the house, two birds, an African Grey parrot...and I WILL make that meeting come hell or high water. Just hope the water doesn't get that high...
Airports in Florida are closing. People who planned on commuting tomorrow for the noon meeting have other ways of getting there, but not by noon. PW FTW!