Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > United > => United Contract 2022
C5 Interim Rep Meeting Wednesday  9/28 12PM >

C5 Interim Rep Meeting Wednesday 9/28 12PM

Search

Notices

C5 Interim Rep Meeting Wednesday 9/28 12PM

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2022, 09:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA
Default C5 Interim Rep Meeting Wednesday 9/28 12PM

This is to elect interim C5 (EWR) Reps - Extremely Important- Please show up!

Check the meeting notice for location (can’t post
per APC rules).

Please click on RSVP link on meeting notice or you may not be allowed to attend.

Proxies not allowed- we need you to show up to own the room.

C5 Pilots Important - Recall Next Steps

Great job with Step 1 of the recall!

Now the remaining steps are just as important.

We need maximum showing so we can own the room just as we did during the recall meeting in August.

Make sure you RSVP there’s a link on the meeting notice.

Here’s what’s at stake if the wrong candidates are elected. If you read last weeks MEC update two items should stand out to you and concern you greatly.

1: Special MEC meeting this week to review polling data and give direction to the NC. Guess what, there will be NO C5 representatives at the table to give their input to the NC. What’s the rush? My understanding is MC Hamilton committed to brief up the C5 interim reps later. BS we want C5 to have input to the NC and not just get briefed.

2: Have you read the latest NC Chiarman brief? Looks to me they are on a fast track to negotiate Tumi 2 with just enough minor changes to get a 50% plus 1 to ratify. Again what’s the rush?

On top of this make no mistake about it. Insler and his minions will get their hand picked stooges to run. The EWR FO rep has the highest number of votes at the ALPA BOD meeting and the EWR CA rep is in the top 10. Insler can’t win without C5 votes.

If your saying I don’t care about the ALPA President only the contract. How do you think Insler’s hand picked stooges will attempt to stop Tumi 2? I’d say they’d be strong proponents of Tumi POS 2.

Let’s finish the job. Elect appropriate interim and permanent reps to C5. Your career depends on it. Do everything you can to show up and get as many like minded pilots to show up for the up coming special C5 meeting so we can own the room.
Old 09-16-2022, 02:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: 737 CAPT

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator
This is to elect interim C5 (EWR) Reps - Extremely Important- Please show up!

Check the meeting notice for location (can’t post
per APC rules).

Please click on RSVP link on meeting notice or you may not be allowed to attend.

Proxies not allowed- we need you to show up to own the room.

C5 Pilots Important - Recall Next Steps

Great job with Step 1 of the recall!

Now the remaining steps are just as important.

We need maximum showing so we can own the room just as we did during the recall meeting in August.

Make sure you RSVP there’s a link on the meeting notice.

Here’s what’s at stake if the wrong candidates are elected. If you read last weeks MEC update two items should stand out to you and concern you greatly.

1: Special MEC meeting this week to review polling data and give direction to the NC. Guess what, there will be NO C5 representatives at the table to give their input to the NC. What’s the rush? My understanding is MC Hamilton committed to brief up the C5 interim reps later. BS we want C5 to have input to the NC and not just get briefed.

2: Have you read the latest NC Chiarman brief? Looks to me they are on a fast track to negotiate Tumi 2 with just enough minor changes to get a 50% plus 1 to ratify. Again what’s the rush?

On top of this make no mistake about it. Insler and his minions will get their hand picked stooges to run. The EWR FO rep has the highest number of votes at the ALPA BOD meeting and the EWR CA rep is in the top 10. Insler can’t win without C5 votes.

If your saying I don’t care about the ALPA President only the contract. How do you think Insler’s hand picked stooges will attempt to stop Tumi 2? I’d say they’d be strong proponents of Tumi POS 2.

Let’s finish the job. Elect appropriate interim and permanent reps to C5. Your career depends on it. Do everything you can to show up and get as many like minded pilots to show up for the up coming special C5 meeting so we can own the room.
Why do you assume it is going to be a Tumi 2? Y'all are out there complaining about the first TA, and I had my issues with it as well. Everyone up in arms about five or six items everywhere I look or read or hear in the crew room. The company heard the discontent and wants to fix it. I'm willing to see what happens. If those five or six things are removed along with pay rate changes that group wants as well as the Tumi bag why aren't you wanting to give it a look? I am. I'm not moving my goal post while apparently most of you on here are. I saw the five or six problems everyone else did and if I see those removed then a Tumi 2 it is not.
Old 09-16-2022, 02:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: 777 CA

Originally Posted by EWRflyr
Why do you assume it is going to be a Tumi 2? Y'all are out there complaining about the first TA, and I had my issues with it as well. Everyone up in arms about five or six items everywhere I look or read or hear in the crew room. The company heard the discontent and wants to fix it. I'm willing to see what happens. If those five or six things are removed along with pay rate changes that group wants as well as the Tumi bag why aren't you wanting to give it a look? I am. I'm not moving my goal post while apparently most of you on here are. I saw the five or six problems everyone else did and if I see those removed then a Tumi 2 it is not.
5 or 6 items? LOL

SL didn’t increase
Vacation didn’t increase
Training increase didn’t take effect for years
Profit sharing and Vacation buyback didn’t get B/C fund
Gave away Scope
Gave up TK seniority list instructors only
Gave away 10am day one RSV
Gave away 125% add pay for Untriggered Reassignments and made it easier for the company to screw lineholders
Pay rates below inflation
No retirement increase
Retro not to amendable date like required in the MEC policy manual
Took away Covid MOU protections
Came up with an “Overtime” which paid 1 for 3 vs our current late pay and 100% day off add pay
RSVs can have days available taken away and SL deducted
Equipment freezes starting on award vs current book
Did NOTHING to help reserves
Didn’t address Sect 20 to stop or slow the reassignments

Should I go on? The pilot group doesn’t want a Tumi 2.0. It needs to be tossed in the trash.
Old 09-17-2022, 02:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Why do you assume it is going to be a Tumi 2?
The same guys that said “this is the best we can do” are now magically going to fix it? They failed….time to remove and replace…..the contract can wait.
Old 09-17-2022, 12:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Position: B777 CA

Originally Posted by UALinIAH
5 or 6 items? LOL

SL didn’t increase
Vacation didn’t increase
Training increase didn’t take effect for years
Profit sharing and Vacation buyback didn’t get B/C fund
Gave away Scope
Gave up TK seniority list instructors only
Gave away 10am day one RSV
Gave away 125% add pay for Untriggered Reassignments and made it easier for the company to screw lineholders
Pay rates below inflation
No retirement increase
Retro not to amendable date like required in the MEC policy manual
Took away Covid MOU protections
Came up with an “Overtime” which paid 1 for 3 vs our current late pay and 100% day off add pay
RSVs can have days available taken away and SL deducted
Equipment freezes starting on award vs current book
Did NOTHING to help reserves
Didn’t address Sect 20 to stop or slow the reassignments

Should I go on? The pilot group doesn’t want a Tumi 2.0. It needs to be tossed in the trash.
EWRFlyr,

Everything UALinIAH and JoePatroni said was 100% spot on.

I’d only add that we also need DAL type Sick Leave, Short Term & Long Term Disability which was negotiated over six years ago.

I have zero confidence in the majority of the UAL MEC, Negotiating Committee and most of their subject matter experts.

Enough said!

POS Tumi TA 2 coming prior to November 1.