Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

IBC Hiring Miami, FL

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 09:12 AM
West Coast livin

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by ufoDziner
Yup, they still need people. Lots of people.
So UfoDziner, the Saabs are the one they pay for right seat, but not the Metros' correct? Also do they house you during training,what is the frequency on pay, and how long do most folks, stay, how long to upgrade, and is the time turbo prop turbine? Where do most guys go afterward? Like the majors with that sort of time? And the Mins, I heard around 300tt f.w.

Sorry to ask soooooo many questions, but trying to make an informed decision. If this time is Tubine/Turbo prop, I am looking to stay awhile.

Alas one more question, then I am finished. What would you recomend for the interview to study over?

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Back in school.
Default Pretty sure

I submitted my app. and haven't heard back... pretty sure they don't need pilots that bad otherwise I would assume that they would respond pretty darn quick. Anyone else with the same experience?
Old 03-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Line Holder

have had the same experience.......if they do not contact people applying with SA226 & 227 time then how badly do they need pilots? I know that they used to ask the applicant to pay 9000 for the training, maybe they are not interested in people that already knows how to fly a Metro............
Old 03-23-2007, 02:10 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2006

I found out that there is a class starting in the next week with 8 guys, so that could be why you're not getting a call back. I haven't heard anything about a PFT for the metro. I know they have done that for the saab. They'll probably have another class in a month or two.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:56 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2006

i met one of your pilots and he gave me 2 numbers to call, mark landolt and the chief pilot, they were interested in hiring me, but i am canadian, if i were willing to pay for the saab wouldent there be a way to get employed? they both had no idea how.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:20 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Airline Captain (cargo)

Chrisd450,

Do you have a US work permit? If yes you can work, if not don't even think about it.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:28 AM
On Reserve

They have a couple guys right now that are here on Green Cards. If you have one of those, then you're golden. I don't know about a work permit only type thing.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:32 AM
West Coast livin

Hey Ufo, sorry to post all those questions that you already answered, (I read through the thread,) but two things still sticks out in my mind, and maybe you can help me/us.

Do they house you during training or is that a find your own way type deal, and what to study for the interview? Thats' it and hope to hear your reply soon.

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:13 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by On Autopilot
Hey Ufo, sorry to post all those questions that you already answered, (I read through the thread,) but two things still sticks out in my mind, and maybe you can help me/us.

Do they house you during training or is that a find your own way type deal, and what to study for the interview? Thats' it and hope to hear your reply soon.

Thanks.
Basic indoc is done in house, as is the flight training for the Metro. The Saab flight training is done in Minn. Interview is more of a personality type thing. I don't think they asked me anything technical etc... during mine. That was a long time ago though. Hope that helps.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:50 AM
West Coast livin

Hey UFO, I just sent my Resume' in. How long does it take for them to contact you, or when would be a good time to follow up?

Much Appreciated.