Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

IBC Hiring Miami, FL

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 07:27 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2006

Originally Posted by STILL GROUNDED
It's a job flying airplanes, these questions should not even come from the mouth of someone with 300 hours.

Not that this is you. I realize you were just asking a question but I see a lot of postings on here from people with a handfull of crap for flight time expecting to be treated like a Kennedy and paid to fly airplanes while building what was once considered precious multi turbine time. But as the bar lowers so does the pay and the quality of life every where.

The chief pilot at Pinnicale had it right. Shame he'll never work again as a chief pilot. What company would hire a guy who stands up for his employees.

Rant complete, Happy New Year!
If I can get a job that gives me just enough to eat I'll take it and if the job lets me fly an airplane that got two turbine engines hanging on it I'll kiss who ever hired me. The only problem is as soon as people find out I'm a non-citizen they laugh and then ask me to get married. The only reason I said no IBC for me is because my current US work permit doesn't allow me to travel in and out of the country and most of IBC's flight are international. If my employer sponsor for an H-1 work permit then I could travel internationally, but of course all compaines got enough pilots waiting on the line to work for them so why would they go throught the hassels of all the paper work. Sad things is all the immigration rules only hurt people that do things right. Illegal immigrants don't have to worry and my immigration advisor tells me that people that are illegal always seem to become a citizen faster then legal immigrants. Yea thats my biggest problem now even if I meet the mins people won't give me a chance of the day. By the I hope

Whats the story about the NW Jetlink Cheif Pilot?

Last edited by Airplane Crazy; 01-01-2007 at 05:06 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: CA A320/A319/A321
Default Good Luck

Originally Posted by ufoDziner
Hey guys. I can tell you that they are hiring even more than they thought. They have a class starting next week that I think is full, but I believe (don't quote me) that there will be another to follow right after. The Saab thing is basically a pay for your school at Pan Am (~$13k I think), then work for IBC as a regular F/O at their regular rate. Metro doesn't cost anything, but isn't nearly as nice an office. If you have any other questions, let me know.
OK guys, I know you want to fly and get that first job and all, but do not pay for your training!!!!For what they pay you per/hour you are working for FREE!!!! I have time in the Saab and Metro which are both nice machines. Its turbine time that matters, HR does not know each airplane out there so Multi-turbine is the key word they notice. Second, IBC is a OK company,it could be better but it could be worse. Basically you work for every penny, You are lowtime which they know and main reason you are there is to load the airplane, then help fly it. In order for you to be PIC you will need min. of 1500hrTT. Yes, its truely better then CFI work and you will learn a hell of alot from flying 135 freight. Its the toughest job out there, so do not think its a walk in the park. Should you go for it, make sure you are prepared and know your stuff, if not you will surely kill yourself. Good luck in your avaition career
Old 01-03-2007, 11:17 PM
On Reserve

Good advice, I think that is one of the main reasons I would like to get into an operation like that. Talk about loads of experience. I would also agree that paying for that Saab time wouldn’t be worth it, personally I think flying a Metro would be a more challenging experience, and would mold a better pilot (correct me if I’m wrong). I don’t mean by any means to say learning a Saab would be an easy task. I just feel flying the old steam gauges would really make a sharp pilot. We’ll see, I sent in my resume just before Christmas and haven’t heard back from them yet. The last place I applied to got back to me in less then a week with an interview time and plane ticket, granted it was Pacific Wings, I got the job but didn’t take it (for the obvious reasons). What do you guys think, should I give them a call in the next week or so if I don’t hear from them? I don’t want to seem too pushy.
Thanks for the help,
John Winkler
Old 01-04-2007, 09:09 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2006

John,
You could give them a call, or, if you live in the area, stop by their hangar. I'm pretty sure that a class just started, but they've got to looking for more for the next class. I think the guys that are in the current class were selected before x-mas. They don't do any training etc... in Nov. or Dec.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:46 PM
On Reserve

Hey thanks for the advice, I live in the Chicagoland area so I will give them a call on Monday. It’s crazy but you know you love aviation when you’re willing to leave a $50K+ job a year to fly airplanes for $20K. O well, most of my friends would call me crazy but as well as all you guys know it definitely not about the money.
John
Old 01-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by LS1pilot
Hey thanks for the advice, I live in the Chicagoland area so I will give them a call on Monday. It’s crazy but you know you love aviation when you’re willing to leave a $50K+ job a year to fly airplanes for $20K. O well, most of my friends would call me crazy but as well as all you guys know it definitely not about the money.
John

If you're getting into flying for the money, don't! Be patient and the money will come.

Money is not all its cracked up to be anyway, you are doing it for the right reasons. Carry On!
Old 01-07-2007, 04:19 AM
Line Holder

This guys I knew from college who is always wondering what he should do in life. So the otherday he called me and goes hey what I have to do if I want to be a pilot. I asked why you want to be a pilot suddenly. He goes I want to make money. I said if you wanna make money stay as far way you can from flying. Than I said you will make enough money to live good in about 10 years and be broke for most of the time before and you will never be rich like you want. I said people fly cause they wanna fly. They don't fly for money. Than I said if you just wanna fly for money then please go do something else and leave the spot available for someone who really wants to fly.

His answer..... Ok I don't wanna fly. I'm looking for jobs that pays atleast 60,000 starting. I said good luck.

For right now I'll take any job that gives me quality hours and pays enough to eat
Old 03-17-2007, 04:02 PM
West Coast livin

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Captain

Hey Ufodziner, is IBC still hiring? Looking that way around April or so, 2007.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:30 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by On Autopilot
Hey Ufodziner, is IBC still hiring? Looking that way around April or so, 2007.
Yup, they still need people. Lots of people.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006

All I know about IBC is that a guy that I used to fly with (banner tow) got on with them at 700 hrs. He paid them 9k to sit right seat.