Search

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

IBC Hiring Miami, FL

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 08:22 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2006

Doesn’t sound like a bad gig for lower time guys such as myself, I sent in my resume. ufoDziner any word on how soon and many F/Os their looking for? Talk about a good experience, flying a Metro with steam gauges in Florida weather, that’s my idea of a good time. I’m hoping to hear from them soon. My fingers are crossed. Thanks a lot..
Happy New Year Everybody
John Winkler
Old 12-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Line Holder

I called yesterday. The HR person who would be able to help us won't be back till Monday.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Are we there yet??!!

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Originally Posted by Airplane Crazy
Trying to avoid CFI and start a job where I can get some twin turbine time. \
You NEED to be a CFI for a while. You will learn more than you think.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Thedude
You NEED to be a CFI for a while. You will learn more than you think.
I certainly agree with you, but seeing my friend lose all his license for 6 months because his old student who already had his private flipped an airplane after landing I'm not so sure. I don't want my student to hold my license in his hand. On top of that now with all these compaines like Gulfstream and so many other money grab compaines and people willing to do anything for time you will see kids like 21 have more turbine time then their instructor. I can't deny your comment that you will learn a lot as a CFI, but the truth is these days it's all about who you know and what you got. So if I can go for some turbine I'd rather not be an instructor.

I thought about going back home where I am from and fly Dash 8-300 till I have 1,000 and then jump to Airbus A310. Sounds funny huh? Actually thats how it works in Asia. Where I from you start flying turbines and even jets as soon as you get your commercial multi. My cousin back home laugh at me cause I have 300 hours and still flying Cessnas and he is flying a Fokker F-70 while he doesn't have 300 hours yet. There are't a lot of pilots there so they want you in as soon as you can fly and usually the airplanes are big cause there is way too many people there. But I like the States so I'll try to stay here. I got a US work permit for a year which is extendable for up to 6 years. Hopefully someone will give me a chance.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:16 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Hey guys. I can tell you that they are hiring even more than they thought. They have a class starting next week that I think is full, but I believe (don't quote me) that there will be another to follow right after. The Saab thing is basically a pay for your school at Pan Am (~$13k I think), then work for IBC as a regular F/O at their regular rate. Metro doesn't cost anything, but isn't nearly as nice an office. If you have any other questions, let me know.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by ufoDziner
Hey guys. I can tell you that they are hiring even more than they thought. They have a class starting next week that I think is full, but I believe (don't quote me) that there will be another to follow right after. The Saab thing is basically a pay for your school at Pan Am (~$13k I think), then work for IBC as a regular F/O at their regular rate. Metro doesn't cost anything, but isn't nearly as nice an office. If you have any other questions, let me know.
I'd love to fly the Saab, but I'd rather not spent 13000 cause marlin is also turbine. it's all the same. I send them a resume. Hopefully they call back. Any idea if most of their flights are international cause seems like it.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Line Holder

I'm thinking about going to IBC. Do you know wether or not you can choose to only fly for domestic flight cause I'm a non citizen and my current one year US work permit doesn't allow unlimited entry.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:46 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2006

They only have 1 domestic flight. And, it's done single pilot. Sorry.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Line Holder

They only have 1 domestic flight. And, it's done single pilot. Sorry.

Too bad. No IBC for me than.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by belliott
300ish? thats pretty low.... how is pay, qol, and the working environment?
It's a job flying airplanes, these questions should not even come from the mouth of someone with 300 hours.

Not that this is you. I realize you were just asking a question but I see a lot of postings on here from people with a handfull of crap for flight time expecting to be treated like a Kennedy and paid to fly airplanes while building what was once considered precious multi turbine time. But as the bar lowers so does the pay and the quality of life every where.

The chief pilot at Pinnicale had it right. Shame he'll never work again as a chief pilot. What company would hire a guy who stands up for his employees.

Rant complete, Happy New Year!