Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ERJ right

Originally Posted by Av8tion
that doesn't work for me either... they running some sort of weird server or something? I tried on 2 different computers using 3 different web browsers and have gotten nowhere...
It works fine on my computer and it's an old piece of junk.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ERJ right

Originally Posted by NightIP
I honestly couldn't say. I no longer work for Cape Air. When I left in late August though, they were getting short. I know there have been at least a few pilots who left after I did.

Oh yeah...I can't imagine how bad it's getting right now. Hopefully they've hired enough lately to carry over through the winter Caribbean expansion.
We're staffed adequately right now. We've got guys coming off IOE and another class going through right now. There was only 1 open line on the last bid which I believe has since been filled. I'd like to see some attrition as it would put a little pressure on the company to centralize the basing in order to easily replace guys leaving. They can also absorb some lines by increasing some of our schedules as many of us are on 35 hour min lines. How's the 76? I'm guessing the seat might be a little more comfortable compared to the 402.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Left, then right, then left again

Originally Posted by Av8tion
that doesn't work for me either... they running some sort of weird server or something? I tried on 2 different computers using 3 different web browsers and have gotten nowhere...

go to capeair.com.... click on "about cape air", then click on the pilot jobs tab.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: A-320 FO

I'll give Gene a call Monday and see what their plans are. 402 seat? Similar to sitting on an inverted five gallon pail.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: forever fo

Gene is really awesome, he answer a few questions for me. They are hiring 402 captains, however they are making pools for FOs. Along with almost everyone else in that sector of regional travel.

Originally Posted by clipperskipper
I'll give Gene a call Monday and see what their plans are. 402 seat? Similar to sitting on an inverted five gallon pail.

Last edited by lakehouse; 11-01-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:50 PM
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by clipperskipper
NightIP where did you end up going?
I went to one of the supplemental 121 carriers. Flying troops and junk.

Originally Posted by BelowMins
We're staffed adequately right now. We've got guys coming off IOE and another class going through right now. There was only 1 open line on the last bid which I believe has since been filled. I'd like to see some attrition as it would put a little pressure on the company to centralize the basing in order to easily replace guys leaving. They can also absorb some lines by increasing some of our schedules as many of us are on 35 hour min lines.
Good to hear! I was starting to wonder since I wasn't really hearing much about new classes. I heard about a huge Caribbean expansion with Eagle leaving the region...were you guys able to hire enough to cover that?

I really hope the bases become more centralized. When this industry turns around and attrition really gets going, I just don't see how they'll staff places like MWA, MSS, etc. Pretty much been saying that for the past year.

Originally Posted by BelowMins
How's the 76? I'm guessing the seat might be a little more comfortable compared to the 402.
It's good! Good plane to "fly" (in the sim, that is), but I do definitely miss the challenge of the 402 on a hardball day. That experience has transferred extremely well into this job, though. It's easy to project that "command authority" when working toward the type rating when you're used to yelling at 250 hour intern FOs.

Originally Posted by rickt86
Gene is really awesome, she answer a few questions for me. They are hiring 402 captains, however they are making pools for FOs. Along with almost everyone else in that sector of regional travel.
Considering Gene has a full beard and a deep voice, she must be the homeliest woman on the planet. But no, seriously, Gene is a guy.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Floatin' down the river in a old tube smilin'

Considering Gene has a full beard and a deep voice, she must be the homeliest woman on the planet. But no, seriously, Gene is a guy.
Now there is something I never thought I would read. I just had milk come out of my nose, which kinda stinks, because it is 6 bucks a gallon here.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: A-320 FO

The indicator here was the spelling of the name, notwithstanding Gene is a good guy.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 9K Captain, Furloughed OH

I went to one of the supplemental 121 carriers. Flying troops and junk.

Good to hear! I was starting to wonder since I wasn't really hearing much about new classes. I heard about a huge Caribbean expansion with Eagle leaving the region...were you guys able to hire enough to cover that?

I really hope the bases become more centralized. When this industry turns around and attrition really gets going, I just don't see how they'll staff places like MWA, MSS, etc. Pretty much been saying that for the past year.

It's good! Good plane to "fly" (in the sim, that is), but I do definitely miss the challenge of the 402 on a hardball day. That experience has transferred extremely well into this job, though. It's easy to project that "command authority" when working toward the type rating when you're used to yelling at 250 hour intern FOs.

im still cracking up at this... btw go fly your big metal and leave us small props alone hope the new gig is good brotha
Old 11-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: FBO Recliner PIC

Anyone out there heard anything on new class dates?! I talked to someone on the inside who just finish just finished class and was hired fairly recently. I was not sure if they stopped pulling from the f/o pilot pool?

Thanks