Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 04:47 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Thank you very much for the info!
Old 08-14-2016, 04:13 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Any current or past FO know when bids take place usually?
Old 08-30-2016, 10:56 AM
Why did l start.....???

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: F/O

Are they hiring on the seaplane side ??
Old 08-30-2016, 11:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by malc4d
Are they hiring on the seaplane side ??
shoot a message to recruitment..

Anyone for the 7th Sept. class please:

Did anyone receive the login for the training materials?
Old 09-17-2016, 10:43 AM
Why did l start.....???

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: F/O

Is it really the end for the seaplane operations ?
Old 09-18-2016, 07:35 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default where they usually send for new hire

I was wondering what base/s are they usually sending new hires for the FO and what the average upgrade to the capt. I notice they offer a contact which I guess is about a two year work with Cape air if you take the 30,000 dollar? Can I take a job without taking the 30,000 contact or are people required to take it?

I am deciding if I want to put in for the job to build hours with this company. thanks for any advice.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

I was hired in February 2016, and still have not received a class date. Yup.

Doesn't stop there. When they offered me the job a week after my interview, I signed the original contract which did not include the 30k training bond.

A few months later they sent me the new contract to sign. I signed it and they told me I'd be getting a class date the next month.

Well, it's mid September and no word.

I am now flying a Hawker for a 135. At this point I'm just curious if Cape will ever reach out to me. It seems they forget about the people they hire.

A little about the new contract - it's 30k non prorated. Yes. If you leave one day early, you owe them 30 grand. Levi, their recruiter, confirmed this with me.

I asked Levi if they would offer any assistance in moving to the Caribbean, to which he responded "No, everybody else does it on their own and so will you."

I got lucky finding another job, and I understand that for many it may be the only option especially at low time.

Folks, if you can, stay away from this very crappy establishment. It is an embarrassment to this profession.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Originally Posted by rswitz

Doesn't stop there. When they offered me the job a week after my interview, I signed the original contract which did not include the 30k training bond.

A few months later they sent me the new contract to sign. I signed it and they told me I'd be getting a class date the next month.

I am now flying a Hawker for a 135. At this point I'm just curious if Cape will ever reach out to me. It seems they forget about the people they hire.

A little about the new contract - it's 30k non prorated. Yes. If you leave one day early, you owe them 30 grand. Levi, their recruiter, confirmed this with me.

I asked Levi if they would offer any assistance in moving to the Caribbean, to which he responded "No, everybody else does it on their own and so will you."

I got lucky finding another job, and I understand that for many it may be the only option especially at low time.

Folks, if you can, stay away from this very crappy establishment. It is an embarrassment to this profession.
I'm pretty sure they give you a moving allowance. It probably won't cover the actual costs but there is an allowance. Maybe they changed it since I was there or it could be only for captains. Maybe someone else could chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by tlove482
I'm pretty sure they give you a moving allowance. It probably won't cover the actual costs but there is an allowance. Maybe they changed it since I was there or it could be only for captains. Maybe someone else could chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.
still an allowance. they are supposed to give it to you the paycheck before you move if they can swing it that way. if your moving between regions expect about $2000 before taxes. if your in region its about $500. and if you go from montana to the carribbean its about $300 (not 100% sur on that but I know its higher than the noraml $2000)
Old 09-21-2016, 10:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: CA

Originally Posted by rswitz

I'm guessing you'll turn them down when they call? Does the contract void if you don't show up?