Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SeaPort Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Originally Posted by Panzon
He bailed on Grant, and now it would seem that he spends his time on Internet forums bashing Seaport. Over and over again. It's time for him to get over it and move on with his
life.
Yeah, like I am the only one in 56 pages of the thread to say anything bad about the Seapot.

Funny enough there is a poster here in this thread defending the company who is well known for his desperation to leave Seapot. Talk about 2 faced.

And Grant? Really? I "bailed" on Grant? Like you have any clue what you are talking about. You're not an employee of either company so you have no clue other than what you think you read on Internet forums.

I am unfortunately wrapped up in the bankruptcy. So while I would love to put my time at Seapot behind me that's not an option. The company still owes me pay, among many others, that I will likely never see. Meanwhile I watch many other current and former employees as well as creditors get screwed over by the company.

Anyone thinking of joining Seapot should take a read through of their bankruptcy filings. Anyone can get access to Pacer (pacer.gov) Its a very interesting read. With a lot of money still owed that they can't get out of through bankruptcy.

Just as an example the company actually has a HR policy of screwing over pilots. The following is quoted directly from their HR manual.

Upon termination of employment, employees will be paid for unused PTO that has been earned, provided the employee successfully completed their introductory period. In addition, if SeaPort terminates employment for cause, or if insufficient notice of resignation (less than two weeks) is given, forfeiture of unused PTO may result.
o The payout for scheduled flight crew shall be in the form of earned hours converted into a daily rate for Alaska pilots.
o The payout for scheduled flight crew in the lower 48 shall be paid at the rate of one hour flight pay for every 2 hours of PTO earned.

So anyone else gets their full PTO, but pilots only get 1/2 their PTO. Really? What possible reason would Seapot have to single out pilots and only give them 1/2 their earned pay when they leave the company. I can't imagine any valid reason for the company to do so. If anyone else can please do.

But thats just one example of how Seapot screws over its pilots. And no its not legal for them to do that even in bankruptcy.

However as I am a big enough to admit when I am wrong I do need to correct an error I made. I was told directly by the CEO of Mokulele airlines (Seaports Former CEO) that they were to be awarded PDT. Apparently that was incorrect. He an I spoke over the weekend and apparently they pulled out of bidding for PDT a day or two before bids were due. So its possible that Seapot will actually keep PDT. I am told that Boutique also put in a bid.

Last edited by Av8tr1; 08-02-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Av8tr1

I am unfortunately wrapped up in the bankruptcy. So while I would love to put my time at Seapot behind me that's not an option. The company still owes me pay, among many others, that I will likely never see.
If you are a secured creditor you may see pennies on the dollar. If you are an unsecured creditor, as employees often are, you will see nothing.

You got kicked in the 'nads, which sucks, but let's put it in perspective: you did not lose 90% of your pension as many USAir pilots did when their company went into bankruptcy. Think of the guys who were a year away from retirement who lost practically all of their retirement benefit. So when it comes to getting screwed, your loss, while unfortunate, pales in comparison to what a whole bunch of people experienced.

Putting your time at Seaport behind you is an option. But you prefer to wallow in self-pity and you come here to do it. You're in your mid-forties: will you still be *****ing about losing a few thousand dollars when you retire in 20 years? I hope not. I hope you can learn to move on and enjoy today instead of being bitter about something that is behind you and can't be changed.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Originally Posted by Panzon
If you are a secured creditor you may see pennies on the dollar. If you are an unsecured creditor, as employees often are, you will see nothing.

You got kicked in the 'nads, which sucks, but let's put it in perspective: you did not lose 90% of your pension as many USAir pilots did when their company went into bankruptcy. Think of the guys who were a year away from retirement who lost practically all of their retirement benefit. So when it comes to getting screwed, your loss, while unfortunate, pales in comparison to what a whole bunch of people experienced.

Putting your time at Seaport behind you is an option. But you prefer to wallow in self-pity and you come here to do it. You're in your mid-forties: will you still be *****ing about losing a few thousand dollars when you retire in 20 years? I hope not. I hope you can learn to move on and enjoy today instead of being bitter about something that is behind you and can't be changed.
No dude, I am a witness and a creditor. I couldn't walk away if I tried. But I can't go into detail due to the litigation.

Nor am I wallowing in self-pity. I am trying to be productive member of the pilot community. This company is crap and I am trying to provide fellow pilots with the information to make an informed decision about being locked into a year long contract with them. Isn't that the whole point of these forums, to provide or find information about companies?

BTW, I didn't get "kick'ed in the nads" as you put it. I quit the company before the bankruptcy. You have no clue about what you are talking about.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011

Originally Posted by Av8tr1
I am trying to be productive member of the pilot community. This company is crap and I am trying to provide fellow pilots with the information to make an informed decision
Your altruism and concern for your fellow man is genuinely inspiring. If only we all could be as caring as you.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

For allegedly operating three single-engine Cessna Caravans when they were not airworthy...

FAA Proposes $500,000 Civil Penalty Against SeaPort Airlines
Old 08-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Makanakis
For allegedly operating three single-engine Cessna Caravans when they were not airworthy...

Ooops...
Old 08-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

guess this means the owner will start siphoning money from ADI into SeaPort to pay that fine, which can't be part of the bankruptcy proceedings....
Old 08-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Airline Captain

Originally Posted by loveme117
guess this means the owner will start siphoning money from ADI into SeaPort to pay that fine, which can't be part of the bankruptcy proceedings....
Not sure if ADI has funds to siphon
Old 08-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by Makanakis

Remind me how Seaport isn't a dirtbag operator again?
Old 08-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Jetlife
Remind me how Seaport isn't a dirtbag operator again?
Like SeaPort is the only airline to have fines levied against it?

SouthWest
https://www.faa.gov/news/press_relea...m?newsId=16754

Delta
https://www.faa.gov/news/press_relea...m?newsId=13773

American
FAA may seek up to $162.4 million in fines from American Airlines | Dallas Morning News

FedEx
https://www.faa.gov/news/press_relea...m?newsId=18934

So though it may be, it should be clear that they are not the first, and undoubtably the last, that will be in those same shoes.

Plus - if the oversights/lack of inspections performed were the actions of one employee then it would hardly be fair to lay a stain on the entire operation.