Search

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SeaPort Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 12:40 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2016

thanks for the info. I also got a call for FO, for July class. I'm in Houston at the moment, so it might work out good for me. Do you know what the pay there is for the first year commitment?
Any other info will be very helpful....
Old 06-05-2016, 01:21 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2016
Default Just Kinda Funny

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn
You do know they filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization and significantly reduced their routes? They are flying out of Portland to Pendelton and North Bend and also Houston to El Dorado, Hot Springs, Harrison AR and Memphis TN. Check out their web site.
I was in El' Dorado, AR a few weeks ago doing a pre-buy for one of my clients on a Cessna 340. It was IFR while we were out on the test hop, and a Sea Port flight had just landed at ELD. The local controller couldn't clear us for the approach because the Sea Port flight had not yet canceled their flightplan. Our pilot for the seller made a couple of cellphone calls to the gate people at ELD to holler at the pilots "Hey! Close your flight plan dude! People are trying to land!"

Sea Port's call sign is Sasquatch, and my client piped up from the back, "Everybody's look'n for Sasquatch!"
Old 06-07-2016, 11:29 AM
New Hire

So I talked with a few SeaPort guys in the last few days. In Memphis lines are anywhere from 95 hours to 70 hours a month, around 8 or so captains and 10 or so FO's. 99% of cancellations in the last few have been from weather in the south it sounded like. Not sure about the portland operation and how its going, I'm sure the pilots are flying less with only the one route right now. Sounds like they are hiring pilots at a steady rate and things are 100% better than they were just last year.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:23 AM
Contract

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: SR22

Originally Posted by Sideslip6
So I talked with a few SeaPort guys in the last few days. In Memphis lines are anywhere from 95 hours to 70 hours a month, around 8 or so captains and 10 or so FO's. 99% of cancellations in the last few have been from weather in the south it sounded like. Not sure about the portland operation and how its going, I'm sure the pilots are flying less with only the one route right now. Sounds like they are hiring pilots at a steady rate and things are 100% better than they were just last year.

I spoke to a pilot in Memphis and with 10 FOs, they're getting like 20 hours per month if that. Buyer beware!! Nothing worse than being locked in a contract and only getting 20 hours/month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2016, 08:10 AM
New Hire

Originally Posted by GreenWater
I spoke to a pilot in Memphis and with 10 FOs, they're getting like 20 hours per month if that. Buyer beware!! Nothing worse than being locked in a contract and only getting 20 hours/month.

Could be reserve lines getting 20 a month. I don't work there so not sure, but the bids I saw had the lowest line at 70 or something. The guys I talked to said most everyone was flying more than their min guarantee of 70 a month.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Contract

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: SR22

If that's true then it would be a great gig.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012

I currently hold a line in Memphis. They are anywhere from 100 to about 70 hours. We are currently pushing a new hire class through their check rides, which will see most of them sitting reserve for quite awhile. If you come in July, expect your seniority to be slightly behind them.

It's a cyclical flow where several will upgrade and several FO line positions will open up; it's all about timing. I'd say right now is probably not the best time to come on board as you will be waiting to be senior enough to bid a line. With that said, it's miles better than instruction and gives you real-world experience as an airline pilot.

Min guarantee is 70 hours a month, so even if you sit reserve for awhile, you'll get paid enough for rent/food/gas, but not much else. The company is really doing well under the new CEO, Tim Sieber. I'd imagine, under his guidance, the company is going to be a great place to work for in a year or two as profitability returns and new lines get opened up.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Death2Daleks
I currently hold a line in Memphis. They are anywhere from 100 to about 70 hours. We are currently pushing a new hire class through their check rides, which will see most of them sitting reserve for quite awhile. If you come in July, expect your seniority to be slightly behind them.

It's a cyclical flow where several will upgrade and several FO line positions will open up; it's all about timing. I'd say right now is probably not the best time to come on board as you will be waiting to be senior enough to bid a line. With that said, it's miles better than instruction and gives you real-world experience as an airline pilot.

Min guarantee is 70 hours a month, so even if you sit reserve for awhile, you'll get paid enough for rent/food/gas, but not much else. The company is really doing well under the new CEO, Tim Sieber. I'd imagine, under his guidance, the company is going to be a great place to work for in a year or two as profitability returns and new lines get opened up.
Does Seaport hire street captains? (Already ATP) Still positions available in pdx?

In some older post I've red that there were some payroll issues. Is that still the case?
Old 06-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: Leaning Right, Left, Right

Originally Posted by Death2Daleks

Who wants to sit reserve, only getting 20 hours per month, with a contract? I thought the whole idea was to get as many as hours as you can and get out. I realize there's a new CEO, but this place is just emerging out of bankruptcy. There's other places to work flying better equipment and pay better.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Originally Posted by Honda400F
I realize there's a new CEO, but this place is just emerging out of bankruptcy.
For clarification Seaport just entered bankruptcy "NOT" emerging. It is unlikely that they will exit bankruptcy for a least another year or two if ever. They are likely loosing PDT in the fall which will bring them down to 4 routes. And are facing some very serious and expensive lawsuits through the bankruptcy. You can see all this in the bankruptcy court records which are publicly accessible records.

The new CEO is the former VP who worked right along side the old CEO. Nearly all the management has left the company, that should say something.