Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SeaPort Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by Fookz92
I got a phone call from the nice girl in HR yesterday. She asked a few personal questions and said the next class date is mid sept. I am 75hrs (ish) short on the XC and 100 hrs short on TT to reach the PT135 Mins. She said the are looking for Captains and would work out a "deal" so I sit as FO to fullfill the rest of XC hours. $43/ hr for CA. $29/hr for FO.

I've been told before, "Just because its the first job, doesnt mean its the job for you. Reading back on this thread I see where the company has gone from bad to good to bad. I'm averaging 100 hrs/mo right now between instructing and banner towing. Is this more of a "easier" way to get my 100/hrs a month than banner towing and instructing? Is it worth the hassle to come to the company. & my choice is the memphis location..... Closest to home for me. Thanks guys
Fookz....to be honest, if you're getting that much time every month at your current place of employment, you will probably be at captain mins by the time you're pulled out of the pool (if there still is a pool). I think its a good place to get some experience but I'm telling you right now that management is terrible!!!!! PM me if you want to chat.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:45 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2015

How much time a month can a new FO actually expect at SeaPort?
Old 08-13-2015, 06:28 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Default Interview

Hey, new to the forum. I know it's been asked a few times on here already but I'd like some up to date information on what to expect for the interview. I assume there is some sort of Aeronautical Knowledge test, a SIM test, and HR questions. What do they do for the SIM test? If chosen after the interview process, how long is training is it done in MEM, PDX, or socal? Thanks
Have nice day
Old 08-13-2015, 07:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015
Position: CRJ

just had a buddy get hired, he said they are very hard on core values of the company, customer service, and some scenario based regulation questions, all training is done as PDX, ground school was two weeks, and flight training was like 5 days i think.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: C207

How long does it take them to get back after an application has been submitted?
Old 08-24-2015, 10:50 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Talking Applied to SeaPort

Hi Everyone,

I live in Denver, Colorado and just applied to SeaPort a few days back. Does anyone know "typically" what their turn around time on the application process is?

I have about 615 Total Time, been instructing to built time. I have my CFI, and am working on my CFII. Will not having my CFII make the interview process more difficult?

I've read some of the posts on here about the 50 question Part 91 IFR quiz... I'm just trying to prepare as much as possible for the much awaited phone call... That's banking on the fact that they even call me... Just want to be prepared for the interview.

Any advice?
Old 08-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by PilotNickRyan
Hi Everyone,

I live in Denver, Colorado and just applied to SeaPort a few days back. Does anyone know "typically" what their turn around time on the application process is?

I have about 615 Total Time, been instructing to built time. I have my CFI, and am working on my CFII. Will not having my CFII make the interview process more difficult?

I've read some of the posts on here about the 50 question Part 91 IFR quiz... I'm just trying to prepare as much as possible for the much awaited phone call... That's banking on the fact that they even call me... Just want to be prepared for the interview.

Any advice?
Yes, build more time. Also,
they operate 135, I would recommend also looking over 135regs.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

They interviewed me with around that amount of total time. 50 question quiz isn't bad if you're up on IFR charts, regs, and procedures. Interview focuses on company values (of which customer service is huge). Do a bit of research on the company's website - they will ask if you know some airports they fly into and other miscellaneous company information. They will ask tech questions intended to show you know exactly what operations are legal and what aren't (flying with a broken navigation light vs. flying with a broken compass backlight for example). Overall it was a fairly straightforward process.

(This is based on a year ago, so the process may have changed slightly).
Old 08-24-2015, 09:44 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Flightcap
They interviewed me with around that amount of total time. 50 question quiz isn't bad if you're up on IFR charts, regs, and procedures. Interview focuses on company values (of which customer service is huge). Do a bit of research on the company's website - they will ask if you know some airports they fly into and other miscellaneous company information. They will ask tech questions intended to show you know exactly what operations are legal and what aren't (flying with a broken navigation light vs. flying with a broken compass backlight for example). Overall it was a fairly straightforward process.

(This is based on a year ago, so the process may have changed slightly).
Flightcap,

Did you end up getting the job, or did you go elsewhere? I am in the process of studying Part 91 IFR Regulations.

I've seen the compass light question before. My best guess would be you're still legal without the light, unless the MEL or equipment stated that the light must be operational. Do you know the answer to that question?
Old 08-24-2015, 09:46 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate
Yes, build more time. Also,
they operate 135, I would recommend also looking over 135regs.
I'll have a look at the 135 regulations. I noticed that SeaPort really didn't have "specific" minimums listed on their website. Do you know what most are being interviewed/hired at for total time?