Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SeaPort Airlines

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 12:02 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: CFI/CFII/MEI

Originally Posted by ctab5060X
Short answer is yes you can legally log SIC time in the Caravan. It isn't an OpSpec, but our GOM makes the SIC a required crew member for SeaPort operations, while still leaving the door open to operate single pilot if only absolutely necessary. About the only time we will operate single pilot is if we have nine passengers booked on the short Van (8 seats in the back) and we have to put a passenger up front.

Very good question and you will learn more about this during indoc.
Thanks so much for all of your input! It has been very helpful. I am actually strongly considering living in DFW if I absolutely have to. Im just worried about not making it from AUS. Do you know of any crashpads in MEM at the moment?
Old 05-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by Baywatch3707
Thanks so much for all of your input! It has been very helpful. I am actually strongly considering living in DFW if I absolutely have to. Im just worried about not making it from AUS. Do you know of any crashpads in MEM at the moment?
I live in the area, so I don't know anything about crash pads that are available, but I will talk with some commuters this week and see if they know of any and if they would be willing to post openings on the board in operations.

As far as DFW is concerned, be aware that at this time, we do not have jumpseat privileges on American or Envoy.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by tall guy
Thanks for clarifiying that. But as a new hire can you tell me how many days off a month you guys normally get a month.
Depends. FOs are wither getting 2 or 3 days off per week. Extrapolate that out over a month and you get a good idea. We don't necessarily run a month to month schedule. There are times the bid could be effective over several consecutive months.

Originally Posted by tall guy
Also can you tell me about expansion...I heard that athens is closing and new ones will be opening. Any truth to this?
We are staring service to Great Bend and Wichita, KS in June. As far as Athens in concerned, nothing definitive has been put out to the pilot group as of lately.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013

So....is there a class in July? How big will the next class be? Do I need to withdraw my app and resume from the fluid review and then resubmit. I may be in Memphis next month. Should I stop by the signature and submit a resume in person?
Old 05-17-2014, 07:56 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: CFI/CFII/MEI

I live in the area, so I don't know anything about crash pads that are available, but I will talk with some commuters this week and see if they know of any and if they would be willing to post openings on the board in operations.

As far as DFW is concerned, be aware that at this time, we do not have jumpseat privileges on American or Envoy.
Apparently we just lost privileges on Delta too. Why does this constantly change?
Old 05-17-2014, 08:41 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: clear right

Be sure that your looking in the right area in regards to Jumpseat information. It maybe easy to confuse pass travel vs Jumpseat travel. If you have Jumpseat questions, pass them along to the committee.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Apparently we just lost privileges on Delta too. Why does this constantly change?
If you're having issues, please email the Jumpseat Committee.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: B-777 F/O

Jumpseaters, remember FedEx delivers. I have had numerous Seaport guys j/s with us. Just first ask around about how we do reservations, sign-in, show time and standard customs and courtesies so things go smoothly.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

If you're having issues, please email the Jumpseat Committee.
To add... if the Jumpseat Committee is not informed of problems, then the problems do not officially exist and contacting other airline jumpseat coordinators does no good unless there are good facts to present to the other airline.

So again, if you have an issue, please, please contact the Jumpseat Committee so the problem can be addressed properly.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by DoubleD
Jumpseaters, remember FedEx delivers. I have had numerous Seaport guys j/s with us. Just first ask around about how we do reservations, sign-in, show time and standard customs and courtesies so things go smoothly.
We appreciate the rides too!