Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: Some Hotel

Originally Posted by FlyingPirate
MEM

I've been looking at plane tickets and cant find anything cheap
Mmm... I think they want to hire me as an FO, and I've been running some numbers on F/O pay, I pretty much wouldn't be able to survive...
Old 08-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by CRJDriver
Mmm... I think they want to hire me as an FO, and I've been running some numbers on F/O pay, I pretty much wouldn't be able to survive...

Its fairly comparable to what I make now so it wouldn't be a huge issue, plus I could live with my woman there. I drive there almost every weekend anyway.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009
Position: Jetstream 3201 ....right

Just got my call too. I'm gonna be out of town until Tuesday so I have to rush out there to MEM Wednesday morning. Can any one you current Seaport pilots clue us in on material they are likely to cover? FlyingPirate, who do you fly for now? I really miss the single pilot 135 life. Also don't know if i can afford to make the change myself. It's a step up for me being PIC turbine but I'll be honest, I don't like memphis area and it's hard to uproot the family without getting at least 50K. I know, I'm too greedy to be a pilot, right. But hey, I'll take the interview and I would love to have the job. Really not satisfied where I am even though I have free time up the ying yang. Good luck all. Maybe I'll see some of you out there.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Unfortunately, I had to decline the interview. They wanted to hire me as an FO in MEM, but after running some numbers, I wouldn't be able to make a living and pay my bills. Wish there would have been an opening in PDX. Good Luck to everyone!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Line Holder

He didn't specify on the phone but my cover letter and resume specified captain. I couldn't do FO either as the is surprisingly less than I make now which doesn't cut it as it is. It may not be a lot but at least I could sleep better at night with the captain pay. If I upgraded where I am at I would make 39k but I'm not sure I want to hang around even for that. It is nice working only a couple days a month but it doesn't do anything for me long term. Last year I flew about 200 hours. A dramatic change after flying 1000 hours the year before at a different company. Sure with they would fly nashville instead of memphis though.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Congrats on getting the interview guys. Still hoping I'll meet up with you down the road. Did they give you specifics as far as what kind of class size they're looking for?
Old 08-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 135 FO

I also got the interview call for the FO position. I'll be in MEM Friday morning. Good luck to all of the other candidates, hope to meet some of ya'll there!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by wareagle07
Congrats on getting the interview guys. Still hoping I'll meet up with you down the road. Did they give you specifics as far as what kind of class size they're looking for?
I read in an earlier post that they are looking for 10 FO's and 5 Capt's. Not sure how accurate that is or if i'm even remembering that right. My conversation was very brief and was mostly determining when I could actually make it out there. I'll be in Chicago for grandma's memorial service FRI through Tuesday so logistics will be tricky. Interview are going on at least from Friday through Wednesday morning so they have time to interview quite a few folks. Don't know how many candidates there are though. So basically I know nothing and should just keep my yapper shut.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Has Seaport closed its hiring window? I live in MEM and have about 4000 hours and am looking for a job. Any info would be greatly appreciated.........
Old 08-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by skybob
Has Seaport closed its hiring window? I live in MEM and have about 4000 hours and am looking for a job. Any info would be greatly appreciated.........
You can submit a resume anytime. However, I think you are probably too late for this hiring round, as they are already interviewing between now and Wednesday and class is suppose to start Sept. 8.