Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet Furloughs

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Stethoscope

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by vtx531
Wow, I was interviewing at AirNet the very day that the aquisition went through and Craig and the recruiters made it sound like Bayside Capital was the best thing in the world. Sorry to hear guys. All the pilots I met on the way to Columbus and back to Detroit seemed like good people. -Chris M
Just wondering vtx531, are you still in touch with them? If so, what are they saying about the situation now?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by cargo hopeful
Just wondering vtx531, are you still in touch with them? If so, what are they saying about the situation now?
No I'm not. That was a few months ago and I got the thanks-but-no-thanks letter. -Chris M
Old 09-24-2008, 09:25 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2008

An update:

Today AirNet let go over 40 key employees, that were not pilots......

As of today Craig Washka is gone for good, he was let go this afternoon along with the rest of the pilot hiring department.........so if anyone here thinks that AirNet is going to hire any more pilots.....you are dreaming....

AirNet announced today it is getting rid of the Hub in Columbus and moving the hub to Chicago.....anyone getting paid to relocate to Chicago??

Can anyone figure that out? The end must be near now, Bayside management is scrambling.....
Old 09-25-2008, 05:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

Apparently Washka has been let go.

We are being told it is more like "a furlough". Company is cutting cost everywhere it can and since we are not hiring in the immediate future, he was let go. I have been told when AirNet starts hiring again he will be called back. Bill was also let go, I don't think he had his 135 mins. One other individual in recruitment (who had his 135 mins, and seniority) rejoined the line pilots.

The operational hub will move to MDW. There will be no A/C's based there (for now), but it will be a crew base. Corporate will remain at LCK.

Our entire system was redesigned and rebid for the remaining pilot group. People who have to move are given the normal upgrade expense reimbursement for that.

There seems to be an even stream of "news" almost everyday and some of it is more surprising than I expected. People are shocked and upset. Lot's of rumors, speculations and very little information.

I personally don't think Bayside is out to "get" AirNet, but if our company can't turn a profit, quickly, I do not think the people at Bayside will loose any sleep as they close the doors here at AirNet.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:16 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Good luck to the StarCheck guys out there, I'm feeling for you!!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2008

Just curious does or did starcheck have a base at KATW. I was just there for about a week and there were like 8 BE-58's freighters tied down there like they had been put out to pasture ( real dirty, flat tires etc... ) just curious.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:08 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2008

Sorry about the starcheck problems. I used to be the ops manager for an FBO in Brooksville Fl. I met several starcheck guys as they did a daily turn there. They were all nice folks and a real pleasure to work with. I am sorry to see what is happening. Good luck guys
Old 09-25-2008, 06:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

No base at ATW.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Works harder not smarter

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: A320 CA

Keep your heads held high fellas!!!

Those with Airnet experience - you are some of the best pilots out there (especially those in the Northeast USA - I flew next to you, on the backside of the clock, in some of the $hittest wx the past 5 years - 'Labquest' was our callsign).

Your single pilot experience is bar-none the best - anyone would hire you (I know, difficult now but things will change, they always do!).

Under the definition of "Frieghtdog" is says, "See Airnet." Be proud and stay strong. I would pick you over an RJ guy anyday.

You turbine guys, checkout:
Find Jobs - Pilot - First Officer Jobs in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania - USA 3000

Hope this helps. Labquest had a guy hired with single-engine turbo-prop last year. Others would hire you too, just look at me. I was hired last year on the A320 (now furloughed) and when the Director of Training asked my experience he stated, "You single pilot freight guys have no problems with this 121 airline training." Just some encouraging words for you guys. Good luck to you.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Default YawDamp has a good point.

If a couple of Air Florida pilots had some cold weather winter flying exeperience AF still might be in business.