Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet Furloughs

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

Charlie!

I don't understand your motivation. You have only posted twice and only in this thread. You joined this month. You are obviously VERY angry.

Do work for AirNet or a company that has been manhandled by Bayside or other management tied to this?

You're not exactly helping out here! I could post the **** you are with my eyes closed. All you need is an imagination!

So in one question : what is what your interest in this?
Old 09-20-2008, 04:59 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2008

Iflyfr8-

Sorry if I seem a bit negative, but I am totally on your side. I am a pilot, formerly for BigSky, now for Citation Shares.

And since I used to be a pilot for BigSky I am just telling you what is going to happen. The new management was put in place last month for one reason. That was to cut costs to maximize gains for the company until it liquidates. Spread the word, the new CEO and CFO have no interest in the welfare of employees, they are just taking orders from their superiors at Bayside. They get a certain percent for every dollar that they screw you and your fellow pilots out of. When the CFO shut down BigSky the employees were left holding the bag, with little or no warning. He drove our perfectly good company right into the ground, just so he could live in a bigger house and make his porche payments......

Bayside management absolutely hates pilots.......and they think they are all union pigs....greedy.....and lazy.....and that is a fact.

What has Bayside done for you recently.....bought your company....made some promises about how they are going to turn the company around....and then they did what??? Furloughed 55 pilots and then didn't even have the decency to cover costs of apartment leases for people they just laid off or moving costs for pilots that are being displaced from domiciles...... Where is the love??? How are they turning the company around, looks like things are going in the wrong direction....

And they will tell you that they will call back pilots in late 2008 when AirNet starts flying for the integrators........completely a lie....

They want to keep the pilots they lay off close at hand because they are already trained up to AirNet SOP's and at close reach. Why you ask?? So when pilots start jumping ship, they can call back a few here and there to fill the holes temporarily. Training new pilots costs money, and Bayside is not in the business of spending money. They want to make money. Anything that cuts into the bottom line will be cut.......

All you really have to do is look at what they did to Gemeni......liquidated Mid August.......BigSky......liquidated January 2008......that about says it all.

EX-CEO of BigSky is at AirNet as the CFO handpicked by Bayside
EX-Owner of Gemeni is Bayside Capital

Both of these airlines are liquidated

Last edited by CharlieBrown999; 09-21-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:42 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Default Airnet is doomed

Charlie Brown could'nt have said it better. I also worked at Big Sky and the reason we do not have many poast's is probably because personaly I have'nt gotten mad enough to poast until now. These management people were brought in to tear Ainet apart. The ex Big Sky CEO openly has stated he admires the Frank Lorenzo style of management, only he doesent have the intellegence, you have to be smart to be good at being crooked. Ex Big Sky CEO I hope your reading every word of this poast because I know you read these. Hopefully we will all see eachother in court in 2012 when the wrongfull termination of 175 pilots finally go's to court. Maybe you will have a heart attack and die before that. It is funny when you go through life and tear down things others have built, it couldn't be very fullfilling to anyone with a sole, Oh wait you don't have one
Old 09-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

Alright Charlie, thank you for your follow up post. I have a little more context.

I guess time will tell what becomes of AirNet.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Line Holder

Position: 135, REALLY SMALL!

I'm not going to lie, this is one of the most depressing posts I've ever read on APC. I also have been reading for a while and just recently became a member. When 121 guys start talking about furloughs it's kind of become common place. When AirNet starts talking furloughs it's damned scary. I've spent the last year and a half chasing minimums, being told by my bosses that they didn't create the term "starving flight instructor." I always told my self I would rather fly 135 anyway. Now that I have met my 135 mins the standard for cargo is going by the way side. I have friends being displaced by this fiasco, and it sucks. I never thought I would have to admit I'm fortunate to work for blood suckers I work for. At least I get to fly 135 Charters a couple times a month!
Old 09-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Holiday Inn Silver Elite

Joined APC: Jun 2008

DC2495.. I agree. This is easily one of the most depressing posts. I am personal friends with Craig and Bill both, and do some "feeder" recuiting though Western Michigan University for folks here who are interested. (I educate them regarding what A-Net has to offer, then refer them to the big guys.)

.... Craig always said, "It's a great time to be a pilot.. and an even better time to be at AirNet." That was said to me at the NIFA Nationals dinner two years ago when we were grilling out at the Friday Night Social next to one of the Lears. (The Grill was a good distance from the fueled jet..) Myself and other CFI/Flight Team pilots really got a good immersion with the company, and I've had a good "fatherly" relationship with them since. I planned on flying for them next year, which now seems "Gloomy?".

A-Net guys... hang in there. We all need to hang in there. Band together and do what you can to take care of one another. I think it might get worse before it gets better.

I can't imagine going to FlightAware - Free Flight Tracker - IFR Flight Status, Tracking, History, Maps, typing in "KLCK" and not seeing a bunch of late-night USC flights scheduled.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Trying not to crash

I wish all you Airnet guys luck, especially the few of you here who've gone out of your way to answer my questions about the company (you know who you are). Hang in there!
Old 09-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by DC2495
I'm not going to lie, this is one of the most depressing posts I've ever read on APC. I also have been reading for a while and just recently became a member. When 121 guys start talking about furloughs it's kind of become common place. When AirNet starts talking furloughs it's damned scary. I've spent the last year and a half chasing minimums, being told by my bosses that they didn't create the term "starving flight instructor." I always told my self I would rather fly 135 anyway. Now that I have met my 135 mins the standard for cargo is going by the way side. I have friends being displaced by this fiasco, and it sucks. I never thought I would have to admit I'm fortunate to work for blood suckers I work for. At least I get to fly 135 Charters a couple times a month!
Don't get down on your luck. Lots of other places besides AirNet. AirNet had a problem because their business model started going away; look elsewhere in 135 and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Cape Air is running 2 classes per month for rapid expansion, so throw in your stuff.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Grad school student - again...

I was planning on becoming an Airnet pilot but have been told that all hiring is on hold and it may be a long time before I get called. I'm so disappointed! I had, HAD a dream of becoming an Airnet pilot, now what??? I'm a few hours short of 135 mins and can't wait to get there! Now I'm going to have to look somewhere else! Ugh. For the guys/gals on the line now, hang in there and lots of wishes of good luck!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Wow, I was interviewing at AirNet the very day that the aquisition went through and Craig and the recruiters made it sound like Bayside Capital was the best thing in the world. Sorry to hear guys. All the pilots I met on the way to Columbus and back to Detroit seemed like good people. -Chris M