Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2010
Position: CFI/CFII

Originally Posted by ATOP40
I am working real hard to get my time in to qualify for maybe getting an interview at AMF. Sometimes I get curious about somethings while I am waiting for that time to come. I always appreciate the time you guys give answering some of these questions.

Todays questions are how many have been hired at AMF in the past year? And for those that have left, can you give the name of the company they left for if any?

Thanks again.

I would say an average of 8 make it through a month. Some leave to regionals and air ambulance.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

I am working real hard to get my time in to qualify for maybe getting an interview at AMF. Sometimes I get curious about somethings while I am waiting for that time to come. I always appreciate the time you guys give answering some of these questions.

Todays questions are how many have been hired at AMF in the past year? And for those that have left, can you give the name of the company they left for if any?

Thanks again.
Two of us are leaving for Allegiant. My buddy is in class right now and I'm waiting on the next new-hire class (Dec or Jan).
Old 11-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Whooosah
has anybody ever left before the year commitment and had to pay to pro rated cost?
Yes, usually those who leave early before their contract is up will get a "not eligible for re-hire" on their record, and some work out payment plans to pay off the rest of their contract.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Todays questions are how many have been hired at AMF in the past year?
According to the seniority list we have about 50 pilots who passed their checkrides in 2012. That numer doesn't include those who washed out of training, quit, or got fired.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Whooosah
has anybody ever left before the year commitment and had to pay to pro rated cost?
Originally Posted by freightdog
Yes, usually those who leave early before their contract is up will get a "not eligible for re-hire" on their record, and some work out payment plans to pay off the rest of their contract.
The one year that everyone signs is simply a one year "integrity" agreement that you when you sign to come here that you will put in at least a year. It is not a financial training agreement. The is the "not eligible for re-hire" deal that freightdog mentioned.

There is no financial training agreement for the PA31. If you go to the BE99, there is a 6 month training agreement that has a financial obligation and if you go to any of the typed planes (including right seat in the E120, which is only an SIC type) there is a one year training agreement.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr
The one year that everyone signs is simply a one year "integrity" agreement that you when you sign to come here that you will put in at least a year. It is not a financial training agreement. The is the "not eligible for re-hire" deal that freightdog mentioned.

There is no financial training agreement for the PA31. If you go to the BE99, there is a 6 month training agreement that has a financial obligation and if you go to any of the typed planes (including right seat in the E120, which is only an SIC type) there is a one year training agreement.
I have heard, and I could be wrong because nothing is from official sources, that AMF has a hard 1 yr contract & no proration on all A/C.

Also, does AMF hire for SIC means peope with less than 1200 Hrs??
Old 11-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

The only true SICs we hire is for the Brasilia.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by freightdog
The only true SICs we hire is for the Brasilia.
Do the SIC's remain on the Brasialia's untill they upgrade or go back to chieftains when they reach 1200TT??

How easy or difficult is it to get an SIC position in AMF?? Is there a lot of people for a very few slots ??

What are the pro's & cons??
Old 11-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by bcpilot
Do the SIC's remain on the Brasialia's untill they upgrade or go back to chieftains when they reach 1200TT??

How easy or difficult is it to get an SIC position in AMF?? Is there a lot of people for a very few slots ??

What are the pro's & cons??
If you get hired into the Brasilia as an SIC, with under 1,200TT and very little PIC time don't expect to upgrade into the left seat. When you reach your 1,200TT the company will probably dual qualify you in the E120/Be99 that way you can start building some PIC time.

We don't have that many Brasilia's so the SIC spots that do come up are far and few in between.

Since an E120 FO gets paid less than a PA31 Captain, there are not a lot of captains here itching to get into the right seat into the Brasilia and take a pat cut. Are FOs are almost exclusively street hires.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: PT Inbound

Deleted........ freightdog beat me to it!

Last edited by Fly Boy Knight; 11-26-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Beaten to the punch!