Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

I have failed my oral part 135. not satisfact

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2024, 12:37 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2024
Default I have failed my oral part 135. not satisfact

Hello, I failed my oral for part 135 a few days ago, the first part everything went well but then I had some problems answering the requirements to use an airport as an alternate because I was very nervous and here everything was worse, he asked me about 2 more questions and he told me that we were going to stop and that I should study a little more and then try again, that I should wait for that failure to be marked in my pria? I answered 50% of what I was expecting in the oral and then it stopped, I feel very bad now since I had never failed any checkride or test, I have been studying everything and more on the questions that I did not answer correctly, last week What's next is going to be again that I should wait for the oral what do we start all over again or just answer what I didn't answer and what I missed from the exam, the airmen check was very friendly no complaints about it, it was all my fault, thank you very much
Old 07-05-2024, 03:55 AM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Is this an ESL (English as a Second Language) post?

Did you communicate the same way during the oral?
Old 07-05-2024, 05:29 AM
Not home.

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by JohnBurke
Is this an ESL (English as a Second Language) post?

Did you communicate the same way during the oral?
My thought as well. Very stream of consciousness, kinda.
Old 07-05-2024, 06:19 AM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

It has the feel of a drunken post, but could be that English wasn't the first language. The thought occurred that if communication in the oral took place on the same level as the writing in the post, it may have raised some red flags. Perhaps not.

When performing a checkride or oral, it's generally not a simple question or two that ends the event, but when a lack of preparation becauses quite clear. The account sounds like this might be the poster's first 135 job or first employment oral/checkride. If typical of many 135 positions, that may equate to little or no groundschool and a passing reference to the operations manual ("here, study this. Know it"), leaving the new-hire to fend for himself.

I'm confused by the statement that the check airman told the poster to study and come back, but to "wait for that failure to be marked in my pria." There's a lot left unsaid there, which ought to be addressed, but I'm not sure what was actually said.