Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JSX's demise? Today, from ALPA...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2024, 01:14 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by sailingfun
So they are not running a scheduled airline? Weird I can buy a ticket on them with a scheduled departure date and time!
I guess you think that's "charter".
ah your standard is "I can do X so I must be right"?

explains how you can be so wrong...no danger of learning here...

maybe this will help

https://viewfromthewing.com/quit-say...etter-product/
Old 06-22-2024, 03:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by NotTHATJoker
not what I or you think, it's what the rules say

not a loophole, just what FARs and DOT rules permit so if you don't like it, seek change in regs, but don't say they're not following rules o

part 380 - which is DECADES old - permits one company to buy flight from 135 operator, set schedule, sell tickets to public -

fine print on jsx website:

Flights are operated with E135 or E145 aircraft by Delux Public Charter, LLC (dba JSX Air or Taos Air), which holds an FAA Air Carrier Certificate (4DPA097O) and DOT commuter air carrier authorization. Flights are public charters sold by JetSuiteX, Inc. as the charter operator and Delux Public Charter, LLC as the direct air carrier, subject to DOT Public Charter Regulations at 14 C.F.R. Part 380. PC# 21-125 and PC# 22-
Seems the FAA disagrees.
Old 06-22-2024, 08:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2005

They are using a loophole of course.
Charters, sure have at it. When you scheduling flights between two destinations (or more) continuously and sell tickets based on that it becomes scheduled service.
Not the same thing as charters.
Old 06-23-2024, 12:20 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by sailingfun
Seems the FAA disagrees.
the FAA disagrees with what?

as I said, don't like the rule, change it - which is what the FAA is doing - as I wrote

if the FAA thought jsx was violating a rule, they'd file a regulatory action and start punching tickets

they, like others who've actually read the rules instead of blindly opining, understand there is a regulatory framework permitting jsx to do what it does and that does not define it as an operation subject to part 121

yes, regulations and the like are hard...
Old 06-23-2024, 12:22 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Rama
They are using a loophole of course.
Charters, sure have at it. When you scheduling flights between two destinations (or more) continuously and sell tickets based on that it becomes scheduled service.
Not the same thing as charters.
<sigh>

another far expert who's never cracked a book..."I think this therefore I am right!"

I hope you don't operate a passenger-carrying aircraft with the same mindset...but I'm not optimistic

nice rhetorical flourish, your "of course"

of course, adding that lends authority and credibility ... like "everybody knows" or "it's clear"

strong flex
Old 06-23-2024, 01:55 AM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

again, you choose to ignore relevant regulations - like part 380

that you've never heard of it or haven't bothered to inform yourself doesn't mean it doesn't exist
I chose to ignore nothing. The upcoming change to be wrought upon JSX, et al, is not my doing nor my choice, nor shall I be the enforcer thereof. You can whine about it and complain about it as you will, but this makes no difference. The FAA has viewed JSX relative to its current regulation and determind that it has grown beyond the scope and intent of those regulations, and further, will move JSX toward a more appopriate regulatory framework under Part 121.

The puppy fit the little crate when it was small but has grown into a larger bed. Having made its new bed, it's time to laly down in it, or fail.

I'm quite aware of the regulation. It's existence is irrelevant, as JSX has grown beyond it. Should you disagree, and clearly you do, take it up with the FAA, not with me. In this case, I agree with the FAA, but it's the FAA that's updating the applicability of the regulatory framework. Not me.

If JSX wishes to stay in business, it can adapt.
Old 06-24-2024, 01:26 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by JohnBurke
I chose to ignore nothing. The upcoming change to be wrought upon JSX, et al, is not my doing nor my choice, nor shall I be the enforcer thereof. You can whine about it and complain about it as you will, but this makes no difference. The FAA has viewed JSX relative to its current regulation and determind that it has grown beyond the scope and intent of those regulations, and further, will move JSX toward a more appopriate regulatory framework under Part 121.

The puppy fit the little crate when it was small but has grown into a larger bed. Having made its new bed, it's time to laly down in it, or fail.

I'm quite aware of the regulation. It's existence is irrelevant, as JSX has grown beyond it. Should you disagree, and clearly you do, take it up with the FAA, not with me. In this case, I agree with the FAA, but it's the FAA that's updating the applicability of the regulatory framework. Not me.

If JSX wishes to stay in business, it can adapt.
such projection! I am not whining nor complaining, perhaps you should look in the mirror you mean someone else

i am correcting those who continue to mischaracterize (unintentionally or as they persist despite facts, intentionally) the regs

puppies are cute, we agree on that..but puppy analogies are no way to run an airline

by the way you've read all of American's CEO talk about how this isn't about safety, haven't you? Interesting how so many here cry "but safety" when the architect of the FAA push has admitted all along it's all about protecting its turf

instead of projecting onto me and willfully ignoring facts, maybe spend a little more time editing - "appopiate"..."it's" instead of "its"...no wonder you don't like to read regs (clearly since you'd know there is no airline size limit in part 380)

for those still reading (kudos, but why?) who aren't willfully ignorant but truly interested in what's really going on, check this out

https://viewfromthewing.com/the-real...-shut-it-down/

Old 06-24-2024, 03:40 PM

i am correcting those who continue to mischaracterize (unintentionally or as they persist despite facts, intentionally) the regs
You are correcting nothing.

The relevant regulation is 14 CFR 121, under which JSX will soon be required to operate. There's nothing to mischaracterize. We all understand Part 121 quite well.

Soon, JSX will, too.

Or, JSX will be out of business.

puppies are cute, we agree on that..but puppy analogies are no way to run an airline
Cuteness is irrelevant, as is the "way to run an airline." This isn't about running an airline. It's about the regulatory framework to which JSX, et al, shall be subject.

JSX has grown beyond the regulatory framework under which is has operated, and its legal responsibility under 14 CFR is shifting, accordingly. Simply because one begins as a part 135, or as a puppy, does not mean one remains so.

Old 06-24-2024, 05:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by JohnBurke
JSX has grown beyond the regulatory framework under which is has operated, and its legal responsibility under 14 CFR is shifting, accordingly. Simply because one begins as a part 135, or as a puppy, does not mean one remains so.
Nice attampt at strawman... but you fail, as always. Quantity isn't mentioned in the regs as you are alleging. JSX is still operating under their current regulatory framework and have not "grown beyond it" since there is no fleet size restriction to which they operate (beyond the 30 seat rule). They are doing the same thing they have always done, except with more aircraft. Having more aircraft isn't against the rules.

But people like you don't like it and so you're trying to change the rules because you don't like JSX.
Old 06-25-2024, 01:55 AM

I couldn't care less about JSX, nor have I made any effort to change their regulatory framework. It's not within my purview. Mine are but casual observations of fact.

The FAA is placing JSX (et al) under Part 121. Take it up with the FAA.