Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2024, 05:26 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Thanks Diverb! I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by Diverb
I'm sure you will hear within a week. I've been on property since January and it was about 10 days from my phone screen to interview and there was a holiday when I did mine.
Old 08-15-2024, 11:28 PM
In the Pattern

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Desk Cpt. and punching a keyboard

duckman, It took just over a week. I had the screening interview last Tuesday and had my interview yesterday. Be prepared for a one day notification. I saw the email notice on Wednesday at 11pm my time (CEST) and had the interview at 2pm the next day.
Old 08-16-2024, 01:02 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Thanks peterq! I appreciate it. Hopefully I will hear something soon! Hope to see you at flyExclusive!
-duckman

Originally Posted by peterq
duckman, It took just over a week. I had the screening interview last Tuesday and had my interview yesterday. Be prepared for a one day notification. I saw the email notice on Wednesday at 11pm my time (CEST) and had the interview at 2pm the next day.
Old 08-19-2024, 05:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA
Default FlyExclusive Reports $27M Net Loss in 2Q

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...ource=hs_email

-1st half 2023 the company lost $60.8M, 1st half 2024 it was $5.8M
-non performing aircraft in super midsize and large cabin have been reduced
-non performing aircraft reduced by 40% this year, which is part of the reason for the net loss in the 2Q.
Old 08-19-2024, 08:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Default Lot lotfro

The company is sure putting in a lot of effort to censor online reviews, questions and statements. For example they had google maps delete legitimate reviews from former employees. Last week the company's Facebook page bragged about how its crews visit several unique places and another post about how crews are always ready to transport people any time of year and day. A response was submitted to both with one asking how rested the crews were with their long days and the other asking just how much free time do the crews actually have when they visit these unique locations. Both posts were deleted and individual was blocked from their social media. Seems like a few pilot forums, Glassdoor, random social media groups are untouchable by the company. I belong to a professional aviation group online and we recieved messages from the company asking us to delete some comments other users have posted. Their posts weren't false by any means as they were backed up by several former and current employees. Anyways we gladly denied their requests citing freedom of speech. My point about all this is...if they have to work so hard to cover up comments...then something isn't right deep within this company and this goes for any company. They certainly aren't the only ones.
Old 08-21-2024, 08:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by 100LL
The company is sure putting in a lot of effort to censor online reviews, questions and statements. For example they had google maps delete legitimate reviews from former employees. Last week the company's Facebook page bragged about how its crews visit several unique places and another post about how crews are always ready to transport people any time of year and day. A response was submitted to both with one asking how rested the crews were with their long days and the other asking just how much free time do the crews actually have when they visit these unique locations. Both posts were deleted and individual was blocked from their social media. Seems like a few pilot forums, Glassdoor, random social media groups are untouchable by the company. I belong to a professional aviation group online and we recieved messages from the company asking us to delete some comments other users have posted. Their posts weren't false by any means as they were backed up by several former and current employees. Anyways we gladly denied their requests citing freedom of speech. My point about all this is...if they have to work so hard to cover up comments...then something isn't right deep within this company and this goes for any company. They certainly aren't the only ones.
Im sure everyone does that. As a past pilot for them, I felt they were a good company to get your foot in the door. Are they in the same league as Flex and NJ, no, but as a first jet job, they are pretty good. Id say its like ULCC vs. Legacy and still recommend to people who ask about where to start, FlyExclusive is pretty good.
Old 08-30-2024, 11:05 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2019
Default 401K changing to Fidelity

Strange to me that HR in no way touted this move from American Funds to Fidelity as a big improvement to employee benefits. Maybe they didn't want to draw attention to the fact the Amercan Funds isn't a company a major corporation would use to handle their employee's retirement accounts. The company just sent a bland email with instructions for choosing new funds for when the change over occurs.

Why is this good? Better fund options with lower expense ratios and no more R4 funds as far as I saw. If you don't know what an R4 fund is, it is a revenue sharing fund that is costing you a lot of money in fees when added up over the long haul and saving the company money. .

So I think they should of bragged about this change, I for one am pretty stoked to see it.

R4 funds explained below:

The underlying portfolios and the management team are identical for each share class. The difference lies in the expense ratio of each share class. This is driven by the 12b-1 fees associated with the different share classes. This fee is part of the expense ratio and is generally used all or in part to compensate the advisor on the plan. In this case these advisors would generally be registered reps, brokers, and insurance agents. The 12b-1 fee can also revert to the plan to lower expenses. The 12b-1 fees by share class are:

R1 1.00%

R2 0.75%

R3 0.50%

R4 0.25%

R5 and R6 have no 12b-1 fees.
Old 08-30-2024, 06:45 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

So what happens to all the pilots that Volato fired today? Anyone know?

We are pleased to announce that flyExclusive, Inc. (FLYX) has executed a letter of intent
(LOI) to take over management of all Volato flight operations as soon as Sunday, September
1st, 2024 through an Aircraft Management Services Agreement (AMS). Volato Group, Inc., is
the largest HondaJet operator in the United States. This management agreement marks a
significant milestone for our Company as we expand our footprint in the private aviation
industry.

Under this agreement, FLYX will manage operations of Volato’s fleet of HondaJets through
the AMS. Aircraft will be moved over to the FLYX certificate over the following months.
Volato customers will gain access to the FLYX fleet and be oYered new agreements and be
provided options to exchange their prepaid revenue credit at Volato toward the purchase of
FLYX flights or club/fractional programs. In addition, we will oYer the FLYX enhanced
services and access to the FLYX fleet of over 80 aircraft, including our Jet Club and
fractional ownership programs to Volato’s customers. Below are some key takeaways from
the agreement:
Old 09-01-2024, 03:13 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2022
Default Indoc

Anyone else starting Mid-Oct? DM to connect.
Old 09-02-2024, 07:36 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by eminitrader
So what happens to all the pilots that Volato fired today? Anyone know?

We are pleased to announce that flyExclusive, Inc. (FLYX) has executed a letter of intent
(LOI) to take over management of all Volato flight operations as soon as Sunday, September
1st, 2024 through an Aircraft Management Services Agreement (AMS). Volato Group, Inc., is
the largest HondaJet operator in the United States. This management agreement marks a
significant milestone for our Company as we expand our footprint in the private aviation
industry.

Under this agreement, FLYX will manage operations of Volato’s fleet of HondaJets through
the AMS. Aircraft will be moved over to the FLYX certificate over the following months.
Volato customers will gain access to the FLYX fleet and be oYered new agreements and be
provided options to exchange their prepaid revenue credit at Volato toward the purchase of
FLYX flights or club/fractional programs. In addition, we will oYer the FLYX enhanced
services and access to the FLYX fleet of over 80 aircraft, including our Jet Club and
fractional ownership programs to Volato’s customers. Below are some key takeaways from
the agreement:
LOL, this is truely funny. They keep firing people at HQ's and dont have the stafe to effecivly manage the jets they have now let alone add 20+ more. This will be another **** show for sure, feel sorry for those pilots.