FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 11:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009
Position: C560XL/XLS/XLS+

Originally Posted by CapnGraybush
Does FE have a new pay raise?
yes we got a pay raise and soft money raise.
Old 02-14-2024, 01:16 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Default G-IV fleet

The crews on the Gulfstream were notified today their fleet is to be wound down and all pilots will be expected to transition to CL350, when they arrive, and commensurate decrease in pay is to be expected. Not an insignificant amount. Recurrent training not expected to be carried out for the G-IV. Furloughs were not ruled out.
Old 02-15-2024, 12:49 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2022

Originally Posted by VR46
The crews on the Gulfstream were notified today their fleet is to be wound down and all pilots will be expected to transition to CL350, when they arrive, and commensurate decrease in pay is to be expected. Not an insignificant amount. Recurrent training not expected to be carried out for the G-IV. Furloughs were not ruled out.
Woah What? Have the CL350's been anounced? How many are coming?
Old 02-16-2024, 09:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by VR46
The crews on the Gulfstream were notified today their fleet is to be wound down and all pilots will be expected to transition to CL350, when they arrive, and commensurate decrease in pay is to be expected. Not an insignificant amount.
Wow! No pay protection for current crews transitioning. That's downright rude!
Old 02-23-2024, 02:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: L188
Thumbs down It’s unsafe

I recently flew with someone who was former FlyExclusive and he said it's bad, real bad. They are growing too fast and are upgrading people that are not ready. In addition, the Director of Safety lasted only a week. I saw them at the NBAA and they are talking a lot of growth which made ME a bit concerened as I am sharing the same airspace and ramp space with them. Like XO/Vista, who are in big financial trouble, there is such a thing as exceeding your capabilities and resources.
Old 02-24-2024, 04:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by dalad
yes we got a pay raise and soft money raise.
So whats the new going pay rate FE will brag about for SICs? They already brag about it being 120K a year and in the fine print that includes several strings attached to actually earn that amount.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:36 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2023
Default It is extremely bad

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8
I recently flew with someone who was former FlyExclusive and he said it's bad, real bad. They are growing too fast and are upgrading people that are not ready. In addition, the Director of Safety lasted only a week. I saw them at the NBAA and they are talking a lot of growth which made ME a bit concerened as I am sharing the same airspace and ramp space with them. Like XO/Vista, who are in big financial trouble, there is such a thing as exceeding your capabilities and resources.
Everything is on the CA. You do absolutely every single thing yourself with no back up from the company. They costantly try to get you to do things that are illegal or unsafe.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up Welcome to APC Forums and your first post!

Originally Posted by Av8fly1
Everything is on the CA. You do absolutely every single thing yourself with no back up from the company. They costantly try to get you to do things that are illegal or unsafe.
Welcome to APC Forums and congratulations on your first post! Quite a doozy for your first one, I must say..

But I just can't allow this tripe to go unanswered... Your assertions are untrue, ridiculous, and preposterous. First off, and no matter where you fly, everything is the final responsibility of the Captain. In my four years as Captain here, and my time as an First Officer prior, I have NEVER been TOLD to do something illegal or unsafe, NEVER! Has Flight Control ever ASKED me if I can make into Aspen when it is getting close to sunset or when winds are on the edge of our tailwind component....? Sure. Guess what, as a professional, I will endeavor to complete the mission if I was able to legally and safely, in that order... Otherwise, I simply exert my Captain's Authority and simply tell them no (I do try to offer proactive options, though..) As a new Captain, I was asked to go into Aspen, but I respectfully reminded the equally new flight controller that while I was close on PIC time, I was still at High Mins and was unable to go to a Special Airport yet.. Another Captain took the trip. A non-event with zero consequences. Did a Part 121 dispatcher ever ASK me if I could do something that was questionable? Absolutely, but that was why I was paid to be a Captain (and paid to tell them no), with 0 consequences.

Yes, our crews (not just the Captain) do the risk assesment (on our Company App), the digital Flight Log (on our App), file the flight plan, do the weight and balance and performance on Foreflight, and it is NO BIG DEAL. Coming from the releases in the 121 world, where I caught innocent mistakes by dispatchers, I personally ENJOY having "skin in the game" by doing our own planning. In addition, and in an attempt to mentor my First Officers, we first do all this together and then I have the First Officer do everything to get them in the Captain mindset (We review it together, of course..).

Also preposterous is the "no support from the Company" claim. Absolutely, incredibly Ridiculous! Do I have "no support" when the Company is arranging handlers in Mexico, the Carribean, Central and South America? Of course not. Do I have "no support" when the Company is arranging a Cuban Overflight Permit, Domestic and International Customs? Of course not. Did I have "no support" from the Company when Hurricane Florence was heading dead center toward my home and I was concerned about getting home with flight cancellations? Of course not..: The Company moved trips around and had myself and another crewmember just FLY THE JET HOME (and had a crew there to get it out of the storm's path). The Company also called to check on us and offered to put us up in a hotel when we lost power.. Real scumbags, huh? Did I have "no support" from the Company when I slipped on the ice post-flighting a jet (getting a concussion) and the Company dropped a $1300 last minute ticket to get me home, calling my Wife to let her know, and then calling to check on me? Of course not. And finally did all our pilots and other employees have "no support" from the Company when Covid 19 hit and there was blood in the water from many, even most of our competitors, who either shut down all together, furloughed pilots, or gave pay cuts or forced leave of absences? Of course not: flyExclusive management made the difficult (and what is now considered brilliant) decision to keep our pilots and other employees at home, WITH FULL PAY, while our friends at larger carriers were either forced into forced leave of absences and pay cuts. This was brilliant because it set us on our trajectory of growth and sucess by being ready with pilots, maintainers, dispatch, etc. when the floodgates opened in May 2020. We were one of the only companies on the PLANET that was hiring pilots and other employees in June 2020.

Bottom line, for here and everywhere else that I have flown, the proposed trip is either SAFE/UNSAFE, LEGAL/ILLEGAL, and MELable/NON-MELable. PERIOD!!!

Thank you, come again... And again, welcome to APC Forums and congratulations on your first post.

Last edited by B727DRVR; 02-28-2024 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by B727DRVR
Welcome to APC Forums and congratulations on your first post! Quite a doozy for your first one, I must say..

But I just can't allow this tripe to go unanswered... Your assertions are untrue, ridiculous, and preposterous. First off, and no matter where you fly, everything is the final responsibility of the Captain.

Judging from Av8fly1's second post, who is nothing more than a keyboard commando, is nothing more than a little troll residing in his parents' basement.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:49 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by B727DRVR

But I just can't allow this tripe to go unanswered... Your assertions are untrue, ridiculous, and preposterous. First off, and no matter where you fly, everything is the final responsibility of the Captain. In my four years as Captain here, and my time as an First Officer prior, I have NEVER been TOLD to do something illegal or unsafe, NEVER! Has Flight Control ever ASKED me if I can make into Aspen when it is getting close to sunset or when winds are on the edge of our tailwind component....? Sure. Guess what, as a professional, I will endeavor to complete the mission if I was able to legally and safely, in that order... Otherwise, I simply exert my Captain's Authority and simply tell them no (I do try to offer proactive options, though..) As a new Captain, I was asked to go into Aspen, but I respectfully reminded the equally new flight controller that while I was close on PIC time, I was still at High Mins and was unable to go to a Special Airport yet.. Another Captain took the trip. A non-event with zero consequences. Did a Part 121 dispatcher ever ASK me if I could do something that was questionable? Absolutely, but that was why I was paid to be a Captain (and paid to tell them no), with 0 consequences.

Yes, our crews (not just the Captain) do the risk assesment (on our Company App), the digital Flight Log (on our App), file the flight plan, do the weight and balance and performance on Foreflight, and it is NO BIG DEAL. Coming from the releases in the 121 world, where I caught innocent mistakes by dispatchers, I personally ENJOY having "skin in the game" by doing our own planning. In addition, and in an attempt to mentor my First Officers, we first do all this together and then I have the First Officer do everything to get them in the Captain mindset (We review it together, of course..).

Also preposterous is the "no support from the Company" claim. Absolutely, incredibly Ridiculous! Do I have "no support" when the Company is arranging handlers in Mexico, the Carribean, Central and South America? Of course not. Do I have "no support" when the Company is arranging a Cuban Overflight Permit, Domestic and International Customs? Of course not. Did I have "no support" from the Company when Hurricane Florence was heading dead center toward my home and I was concerned about getting home with flight cancellations? Of course not..: The Company moved trips around and had myself and another crewmember just FLY THE JET HOME (and had a crew there to get it out of the storm's path). The Company also called to check on us and offered to put us up in a hotel when we lost power.. Real scumbags, huh? Did I have "no support" from the Company when I slipped on the ice post-flighting a jet (getting a concussion) and the Company dropped a $1300 last minute ticket to get me home, calling my Wife to let her know, and then calling to check on me? Of course not. And finally did all our pilots and other employees have "no support" from the Company when Covid 19 hit and there was blood in the water from many, even most of our competitors, who either shut down all together, furloughed pilots, or gave pay cuts or forced leave of absences? Of course not: flyExclusive management made the difficult (and what is now considered brilliant) decision to keep our pilots and other employees at home, WITH FULL PAY, while our friends at larger carriers were either forced into forced leave of absences and pay cuts. This was brilliant because it set us on our trajectory of growth and sucess by being ready with pilots, maintainers, dispatch, etc. when the floodgates opened in May 2020. We were one of the only companies on the PLANET that was hiring pilots and other employees in June 2020.

Bottom line, for here and everywhere else that I have flown, the proposed trip is either SAFE/UNSAFE, LEGAL/ILLEGAL, and MELable/NON-MELable. PERIOD!!!

Thank you, come again... And again, welcome to APC Forums and congratulations on your first post.
Very nice and well said!
I have an initial interview next week. Any info on the process will be greatly appreciated, please DM. Thank you