Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 01:13 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Default Military and FE

Does anyone have experience with FE as a current military pilot (air national guard)? I know what the "legal" answer is for using Mil leave but I also know that it can be a burden to smaller operations. Just wondering if anyone had personal experience with this and how the relationship with the company/leadership went.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up We have Military Pilots from every branch….

Hey 4gs,

We have Military pilots from every branch here, representing Ft. Rucker, Pensacola, Cherry Point, all the USAF Training bases, etc. Several are active in the Guard or Reserve, with several members of our Management, including our Director of HR, being USAF Veterans. I could have you PM me and I could pass your info to one of our pilots who flies in the Guard or Reserves. Let me know if I can help.
Old 01-28-2022, 05:15 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default Agree

Originally Posted by B727DRVR
Ditto, Piloto!

I have been here 4 years next month and this place, already nice when I started here, has improved exponentially with regards to pay, benefits, ASAP, PAG, etc. We have gotten about a pay or QOL raise per month since June, and they are talking about another one shortly. The Company is like a wide receiver hearing the approaching footsteps of the defensive end (pilot shortage) from behind, and they have sought to get ahead of it.. In my opinion, they have attempted to step up and continue to try to improve out pay and QOL, especially as of late. While we still aren't "Netjets" for pay, benefits, and QOL, neither was Netjets, "Netjets" prior to their Contract '05 and subsequent ones.. They have come a long way since 2005, and every pilot in our Industry owes the NJASAP pilots a debt of gratitude for setting the standard for all of us to strive for.

You see, Piloto, 100LL is a troll who has made a career on here of bashing us, Wheels Up, etc. Like most trolls, we have no idea where he works, if he even flies, or if he is burning 100LL for fun or a career. Unlike pilots who clearly identify themselves on here.. "Left Seat UPS 767", "F/O AA 777 Intl", etc., we have no idea from 100LL's posting history of who he flies for, if anyone. But given his disdain for us and WUP, one can only imagine the Unicorn, rainbow sprinkles life that he must enjoy to consider WUP and us "bottom feeders"..

I survived life at a bottom feeder in the mid 1990's, and this is no bottom feeder.. If flyExlusive discovered the cure for the flu today, 100LL would bust on us for not discovering it last week, LOL...

As much as I like to pick on FE and 727DVR, I agree with the previous posts that FE is NOT a bottom feeder. While everyone has their share of problems, FE is not a bottom feeder operation like we have seen in the past.

The days of "fly it or you're fired" did not exist a few years ago at FE. Smaller operation and they work you but I never heard the classic scumbag operation phrases.

That being said, I would SHOP AROUND. Everyone is hiring.....just shop around.....OR get your time and move on.

Cheers!
Old 01-31-2022, 08:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Thumbs up I 100% agree with UTR, SHOP AROUND!

I 100% agree with UTR..

I am a pilot that helps out with Recruiting and I always ask folks “why us?”, “have you considered 121?”, “hw about Netjets?”, etc…. In this pilot hiring market, anyone would be nuts to not shop around like UTR recommends.

For me, I am extremely happy here, but I definitely keep my ear to the rail here on APC and ct350 to keep my options open. I found a great fit for me, but that’s just me.

Definitely enjoy this hiring market and shop around.. It only took 30 years to get this good, 😆..
Old 02-02-2022, 08:01 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2019
Angry

Ive never posted on a forum, but I'm ****ed at my interviewer with this company, id say stay away look elsewhere, they are disorganized, I was treated rudely in second interview, first Jeremy or nick was 15 minutes late, and after 3 minutes says I was not a fit and goodbye. Very rude people. Wow what an ahole. I say don't ask me to interview with you at all stop wasting peoples time.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:29 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2019

I had a good interview with the group but my first interview they never showed up and emailed me three hours later saying it was a holiday and sorry reschedule. Second interview was 40 minutes late again and then called me saying they were on a meeting and they were sorry. Then was told I would get an offer letter by that following Friday and two weeks later and I just got an email saying they are still working on my offer letter.
Old 02-02-2022, 09:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: CA

Originally Posted by mgerau
Ive never posted on a forum, but I'm ****ed at my interviewer with this company, id say stay away look elsewhere, they are disorganized, I was treated rudely in second interview, first Jeremy or nick was 15 minutes late, and after 3 minutes says I was not a fit and goodbye. Very rude people. Wow what an ahole. I say don't ask me to interview with you at all stop wasting peoples time.
You wonder why you weren't a good fit? Looks like they saw it
Old 02-02-2022, 09:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Hmm. You seem solid to me.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Unhappy Mea culpa

Originally Posted by Wolves81283
I had a good interview with the group but my first interview they never showed up and emailed me three hours later saying it was a holiday and sorry reschedule. Second interview was 40 minutes late again and then called me saying they were on a meeting and they were sorry. Then was told I would get an offer letter by that following Friday and two weeks later and I just got an email saying they are still working on my offer letter.
Hey All,

I won't defend the indefensible, but maybe I can help to explain. We don't have a lot of depth in our Recruiting Department, still, and at one point, it was just the DO with me helping out. Because of our rapid growth, we just hired 2 more HR talent Acquisition people and they just started 2 weeks ago and are getting up to speed. Also, due to the fact that the pilots that help with Recruiting also fly, we sometimes get a pop up trip when we were scheduled for the interview: This will change as our recruiting department grows. 2 weeks ago, I was informed that the other screening pilot had a trip, so I jumped in to do the screening, albeit 35 minutes late. The Candidate was very understanding, but I still felt bad. Again, no excuses, just an explanation..

Anyway, I am sorry for your delays, Wolf, and for your reception, mgerau. We can definitely strive to do better, but for me, the Company was worth waiting for. We are looking at 100 jets by mid-2022.. We definitely have growing pains and need improvement in some areas, but are light years ahead of where we were when I started nearly 4 years ago, and I liked it then.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Cool PM Sent

Originally Posted by Wolves81283
Hey Wolves,

PM Sent..