Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 10:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by salukipilot
Are they really still doing the shared 2 bedroom suite?

They did that at some point? As far as I know, everyone gets their own room on overnights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2022, 10:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: Line holder

You sure you didn’t mean to post this in the Skywest thread? They’re the only ones I’ve ever heard of who did that. And it wasn’t always a suite…not if you got sims at FlightSafety in ATL.
Old 12-10-2022, 01:55 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018

For a while JSX was putting guys up in the Hyatt House. It was a two bedroom suite with a share kitchen and living room. You had your own bedroom and bathroom. Plenty of privacy. You shared the place with your sim/training partner. I went through three years ago so maybe it’s changed. Those of us that actually liked our sim partners benefited from it. Spent way to many nights drinking beer and socializing though. I had a blast. I can honestly say there wasn’t a day I wasn’t happy to go into work. Unless Pack One was MEL’d on a hot summer day.

Why’d I leave? Plenty more money and retirement to be made at the majors. But I would bet my quality of life may never be as good as it has been the last three years. JSX is a great place to be. Just my opinion though.. ymmv.
Old 12-11-2022, 10:51 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2022
Position: ERJ-145 FO

I finished my training in Dallas towards the end of October. Just one per room at a Hampton Inn. Tiny fridge and a microwave.

I have a couple friends training now and still have a room to themselves.
Old 12-12-2022, 07:53 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2022
Position: ERJ-145 FO
Exclamation Sub 1500 hour pay!

Originally Posted by TheFly
first year pay is $259? Is their min guarantee? Duty rigs?
Low time FOs beware! The published daily pay scales are for FOs with 1500+ hours logged.

For pilots that have less than 1500 hours logged, first year FO pay is $170/day and under 1,000 hours is $160/day.

It is safe to say that as a low time FO, there are people out there required in their jobs to recite the phrase, "Would you like fries with that?" earn a higher hourly compensation.

Make sure your finances are in order before applying. I'm trading my income today for a really sweet looking resume when I hit the magical 1500.

If your goal is to live in the high rise apartment with the new Tesla payment while being based in California without a sugar daddy to help you along, try looking elsewhere. If you're making that $1,000/mo school loan payment and tired of being tossed around in an older-than-dirt 172 that smells like a fuel leak being flown by someone that probably shouldn't have a drivers license, just keep in mind that your flight school is probably paying you better than what you could be making flying the jet at the low time pay scales, and you will likely get to 1500 sooner.

If you are still wagging your tail for JSX after reading all of this, the latest from recruiting is you won't start unless you have 800 hours MINIMUM (with 700, you might be lucky enough to schedule an interview), 100 ME+ is very helpful, and you need to come with an internal recommendation! Start networking if you don't already know someone on the inside.
Old 12-12-2022, 03:30 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by SkyChicken127
Low time FOs beware! The published daily pay scales are for FOs with 1500+ hours logged.

For pilots that have less than 1500 hours logged, first year FO pay is $170/day and under 1,000 hours is $160/day.

It is safe to say that as a low time FO, there are people out there required in their jobs to recite the phrase, "Would you like fries with that?" earn a higher hourly compensation.

Make sure your finances are in order before applying. I'm trading my income today for a really sweet looking resume when I hit the magical 1500.

If your goal is to live in the high rise apartment with the new Tesla payment while being based in California without a sugar daddy to help you along, try looking elsewhere. If you're making that $1,000/mo school loan payment and tired of being tossed around in an older-than-dirt 172 that smells like a fuel leak being flown by someone that probably shouldn't have a drivers license, just keep in mind that your flight school is probably paying you better than what you could be making flying the jet at the low time pay scales, and you will likely get to 1500 sooner.

If you are still wagging your tail for JSX after reading all of this, the latest from recruiting is you won't start unless you have 800 hours MINIMUM (with 700, you might be lucky enough to schedule an interview), 100 ME+ is very helpful, and you need to come with an internal recommendation! Start networking if you don't already know someone on the inside.

JSX is exploiting a loophole that keeps 121 pilots paid the big bucks….also exploits fos.
Not too sure about the hiring process now but I doubt much has changed except for the change in recruiters.
Old 12-14-2022, 04:31 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by SkyChicken127
I finished my training in Dallas towards the end of October. Just one per room at a Hampton Inn. Tiny fridge and a microwave.

I have a couple friends training now and still have a room to themselves.
Yikes, for a month?!? I would’ve hoped for a Homewood Suites or something
Old 12-19-2022, 09:49 AM
At your mom's house

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: cpt 737

Off topic but if one wanted to non rev/JS on JSX is it show up at plane and ask?
I couldnt make a id90 commuting listing

TIA
Old 12-19-2022, 02:31 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2022

Originally Posted by hoover
Off topic but if one wanted to non rev/JS on JSX is it show up at plane and ask?
I couldnt make a id90 commuting listing

TIA
Use myidtravel
Old 12-19-2022, 02:38 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2022
Default JSX

Speaking as a multi-decade passenger, this has been such an improvement over Part 121 first class flying. Thank you.