Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 06:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by Whiskiepylit
I heard from a reliable source that JSX is looking at moving away from the ERJ and into the A220. This makes sense for the business model, but how will they do only 30 seats? It’s no doubt we need a new airplane ASAP as the ERJ ages. I hear that management is planning to lobby the feds to try and get relief on being restricted to 30 seats, but at that point, what would make JSX different or stop other people from trying the same thing? Any other pilots have thoughts on this or heard the same thing?

Hahaha love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2022, 06:28 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: Captain

I heard from a reliable source that JSX is looking at moving away from the ERJ and into the A220. This makes sense for the business model, but how will they do only 30 seats? It’s no doubt we need a new airplane ASAP as the ERJ ages. I hear that management is planning to lobby the feds to try and get relief on being restricted to 30 seats, but at that point, what would make JSX different or stop other people from trying the same thing? Any other pilots have thoughts on this or heard the same thing?
I heard the same thing, but on top of that. I heard about the new HNL base for inter-island ops with the 145s! Soon there will be a MEX 145 base for CUN and SJD overnights, too!
Old 08-25-2022, 07:55 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2022

I know some of the replies are joking but I actually did hear there is some substance to the ATR rumor though I haven’t heard of the A220 part.
Apparently AW and RM have taken several trips to France to the HQ.

Reliable source in Dallas says they have no plan to phase out the 135/145 but instead want to support the shorter flights in and out of LAS/SNA/BUR/OAK with the ATRs and keep the ERJ for anything over 400 miles.

I assume United would be footing the bill for the ATRs if I was to bet.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:03 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: EMB145 SIC
Default Class dates for FOs

Originally Posted by dapuckstopper15
There is a lot of movement in each base. Upgrade would be fairly quick no matter which base you take. LAS and DAL may be the quickest though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I received a letter after my interview stating I was successful but class date is TBD.

Any idea on why there's a delay on class dates?
Old 08-25-2022, 02:11 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by MicroStripe
I know some of the replies are joking but I actually did hear there is some substance to the ATR rumor though I haven’t heard of the A220 part.
Apparently AW and RM have taken several trips to France to the HQ.

Reliable source in Dallas says they have no plan to phase out the 135/145 but instead want to support the shorter flights in and out of LAS/SNA/BUR/OAK with the ATRs and keep the ERJ for anything over 400 miles.

I assume United would be footing the bill for the ATRs if I was to bet.
I wonder when this will happen? I hear they are working hard to secure an ATR training provider and also how to begin airplane assignments. Seems very reasonable if you ask me. A220 seemed a little far fetched but in today’s market, anything is possible!
Old 08-26-2022, 04:33 AM
New Hire

I wonder when this will happen? I hear they are working hard to secure an ATR training provider and also how to begin airplane assignments. Seems very reasonable if you ask me. A220 seemed a little far fetched but in today’s market, anything is possible!
While I respect your enthusiasm, don’t you think it’s ridiculous to think the airline could staff that many more planes in its current state? Management has made it clear they don’t care about us. I’m shocked AW isn’t seeking out single pilot ATRs lol.

It is a fun prospect but they need to get their head on straight if they want this deal to actually work.

I heard ATR in Miami is where we will likely do the training.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Default Mesa: $100/hr for 1st year FO pay!

I just heard that Mesa airlines got a new TA with 100/hr for new hire FO and can get bases in Phx and Dallas. What do you think about jsx payscale does anyone think jsx management might pay better also
Old 08-27-2022, 07:58 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by friend
I just heard that Mesa airlines got a new TA with 100/hr for new hire FO and can get bases in Phx and Dallas. What do you think about jsx payscale does anyone think jsx management might pay better also
Randy will say that the money is probably coming from their mainline partners and isn’t sustainable. Then he’ll say that our hiring pool is still strong and hasn’t shown any signs of letting up. Then he might even go on another 30 minute sob story of how the market isn’t looking great and JSX is trying to prepare for a pull-back and we have to be a team and raising pay would hurt the company. Just like he did in June the last time the market dipped. Randy knows these questions are coming on the next pilot call, with Mesa and now Go-jet raises today, he’ll have his hardship tale all written and ready to go before anyone can ask about raises.

Raises will come eventually. Literally the only JSX base that may attract people over all the (much better paying) regionals is Vegas. With its lack of a regional presence.

Combine that with the current attrition. We have multiple people in the next month leaving that just upgraded. Netjets, Flexjet, Spirit, Frontier and others. They’re all very attainable for someone with a little jet time and an ATP. Why would they stay here and make 85k (regional FO pay these days) when they could go somewhere else that has a promising future?
Old 08-28-2022, 04:33 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: EMB145 SIC

??????????
Old 08-28-2022, 04:35 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by andrew7
??????????
They may still be determining how to split classes between ATR and E145. Expect quick movement after the announcement following the board meeting next month.