Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 07:51 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by OnTheRun
The new Nav Blue system is not commutable in my opinion and there will be some serious turnover as a result. If you come to this company you need to live in base or get a full time crash pad or home in base. If you go that option plan to spend your entire rotation in base with nothing but day trips. Every line in my base is all day trips and 0 overnights. Forget about hotel points. Also, plan to drive to and from work everyday you fly. They predicted 20% pilot turnover in the two pilots calls ago and it will happen. Pilots that have to drive 1-2 hours to work and end back at base every day will have2- 4 hours of commuting daily. I can name about 40 that will effect.
I’m certainly interested to find out. Being that there is currently close to 150 pilots, your estimate of 40 pilots leaving, which is slightly high (my opinion only), puts them at a 26% loss on the pilot group. As there is currently no shortage of talented pilots looking to come into our company, I don’t think they are going to have a hard time replacing them. We are seeing guys coming from corporate, Compass, spirit, allegiant, and retirees from the Majors

With NavBlue and the new shift towards day trips, they are making it pretty attractive to people that don’t want to live in hotels on their days on. Being home everyday is extremely attractive to some more than the money that is being offered. I’ve had plenty of retiring military approach me about the company for that very reason. They’ve actually spent REAL time away from home, not in hotels but in tents. Some of them want a break from being gone.

With all that being so long winded, the company is growing at a cyclic rate and hopefully we can maintain the current state of having a great pilot group.

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!
Old 02-07-2020, 08:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: Cancer Treatment

I just got a TBNT response from JSX,

ATP with 6900 hrs, 5000+ hrs 135 and 121 exp?? Thought I'd at least get a phone screen

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2020, 09:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

Originally Posted by aerobeard
I’m certainly interested to find out. Being that there is currently close to 150 pilots, your estimate of 40 pilots leaving, which is slightly high (my opinion only), puts them at a 26% loss on the pilot group. As there is currently no shortage of talented pilots looking to come into our company, I don’t think they are going to have a hard time replacing them. We are seeing guys coming from corporate, Compass, spirit, allegiant, and retirees from the Majors

With NavBlue and the new shift towards day trips, they are making it pretty attractive to people that don’t want to live in hotels on their days on. Being home everyday is extremely attractive to some more than the money that is being offered. I’ve had plenty of retiring military approach me about the company for that very reason. They’ve actually spent REAL time away from home, not in hotels but in tents. Some of them want a break from being gone.

With all that being so long winded, the company is growing at a cyclic rate and hopefully we can maintain the current state of having a great pilot group.

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!
I never said 40 pilots are leaving. I said 20% probably will and that number comes straight from management. I said 40 pilots will be affected by the long commute to and from work on a daily basis. Some of them may just live with it while other may move on.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:11 AM
Line Holder

I never said 40 pilots are leaving. I said 20% probably will and that number comes straight from management. I said 40 pilots will be affected by the long commute to and from work on a daily basis. Some of them may just live with it while other may move on.
Word. It’s definitely not the greatest for the guys that live way out of state or more than a two hour drive from base. We have guys in Colorado, Missouri, Montana, and various other places that are quite the drive into base. I am one of them. It certainly is affecting me. I’m interested to see who moves on.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

The new Nav Blue system is not commutable in my opinion and there will be some serious turnover as a result. If you come to this company you need to live in base or get a full time crash pad or home in base. If you go that option plan to spend your entire rotation in base with nothing but day trips. Every line in my base is all day trips and 0 overnights. Forget about hotel points. Also, plan to drive to and from work everyday you fly. They predicted 20% pilot turnover in the two pilots calls ago and it will happen. Pilots that have to drive 1-2 hours to work and end back at base every day will have2- 4 hours of commuting daily. I can name about 40 that will effect.
Your base doesn’t have any reserve lines? Those sound like exactly what we had before with the 8/6 and on the call they said each one has a description of what you can expect for those 8 days. Are those expected to go senior in your base?
Old 02-07-2020, 09:41 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Broing
Your base doesn’t have any reserve lines? Those sound like exactly what we had before with the 8/6 and on the call they said each one has a description of what you can expect for those 8 days. Are those expected to go senior in your base?
for now, only a couple bases have the reserve lines. This is expected to change for the April bid and beyond
Old 02-07-2020, 10:23 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Adding my 2 cents here, take it for what it is worth.

This current bid cycle for March is a 20-day bid cycle roughly, which doesn't give a true overall picture of what the new system looks like on a month to month basis. If the new schedules hold true, this would be a big departure from what we have been doing which is what management definitely wants to avoid. The whole point of this new system is to keep schedules similar for quality of life purposes while also making it easier overall. This new line bidding should also mirror the airline industry in terms of scheduling and something to keep in mind is that you could be looking at pairings if you only think it is 2/3/4 day rotations.

Quality of life is still the name of the game at JSX. Day trips won't be the best for those that commute, but you know that going into it if you ever had an airline job. No matter what airline you are at; if you have to commute you are still trying to find a more permanent place to stay in base when you get stuck. Majority of our pilots live in base though so there is that as well.

With anything new, there will be kinks in the system until they get it all sorted out. This company is going to continue to grow, evolve, and change majorly over the next few years with all the expansion. I'd say let them work through the hiccups before making any rash decisions if you are considering a move.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

Originally Posted by Broing
In my base No reserve lines at all. Every line is start and end in base every day with no overnights away from base. Maybe it will change in April but we will see. I would not bet the farm on it
Old 02-08-2020, 12:13 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: Cancer Treatment

Is per diem paid whether you are away or not? Just have to be "on duty". Or is there a certain amount of time away before it kicks in? In other words, can you count on $55 a day for the guaranteed 14 day min regardless of whether you fly and\or are overnighted somewhere?
Old 02-08-2020, 02:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Per diem is paid any time you operate at least one flight or if your day starts or ends away from base.