Search

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 07:38 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2019

What’s a 1st year/2nd year Capt make ballpark? I have the experience to qualify for Capt quickly but would take a big paycut probably coming from a descent 135 gig.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Year 1 captain about $90k and year 2 captain about $95k assuming you work 8/6 or 4/3. That's just straight pay, not counting per-diem or bonuses.

However, in reality it will be less than that on your first year, counting about 2 months on training pay and 3-6 months on FO pay.

Best case, assuming 2 months of training pay and 3 months as an FO before quick-upgrade, leaving 7 months on captain pay it will come out to about $70k. It will be less if it takes longer to upgrade and/or if you work the 7/7 schedule instead of the 8/6 or 4/3. To that you add the $10k bonus (5k after indoc and 5k after IOE).

Your year 2 completely on captain pay will come out to $95k plus another $10k retention bonus.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:14 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

I heard a rumor that there wasn't any 7/7 schedules this bidding period for JSX... any truth to this? If yes, can anyone shine any further light on this?
Old 12-28-2019, 12:19 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: Cessna 402
Default Commuting?

This looks pretty good for what I've been reading! Just curious about commuting and commuting policies..

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2019, 02:53 PM
On Reserve

Position: Survey Pilot
Default Best move to get to JSX

I only have about 450TT right now and I'm doing survey in a 172. In the next year or 2 I'd like to be at JSX. Is multi turbine time important to be competitive or would going somewhere like Planesense flying a PC12 as an FO and having just 25 multi be enough to get looked at? I'm planning to make my next move to either Ameriflight or Planesense in the next 2-3 months with JSX being the goal after that. Thanks for any advice!
Old 12-28-2019, 05:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by lifetakesflight
I heard a rumor that there wasn't any 7/7 schedules this bidding period for JSX... any truth to this? If yes, can anyone shine any further light on this?
That's true for this bid period. Since I've been here there have been the occasional bid period where it wasn't available but usually comes back at some point. It depends on staffing from what I hear. We'll see if it comes back on the next one
Old 12-28-2019, 06:53 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by flyingfalcon
I only have about 450TT right now and I'm doing survey in a 172. In the next year or 2 I'd like to be at JSX. Is multi turbine time important to be competitive or would going somewhere like Planesense flying a PC12 as an FO and having just 25 multi be enough to get looked at? I'm planning to make my next move to either Ameriflight or Planesense in the next 2-3 months with JSX being the goal after that. Thanks for any advice!
I don't think you need any multi turbine time. I personally had only my 68 MEL hours in a Seminole and it seemed more than enough. Basic goal markers seemed to be Total Time, Breakdown Times (PIC, XC, etc.) and Ratings Required. For those less than 1500 hours, I felt it was well understood that your hours are going to be limited in scope. I'd reach out early and see what you need to start making yourself competitive!

[MENTION=78303]luke3[/MENTION] -- thanks for the insight!

[MENTION=73124]Jimisawesome[/MENTION] -- it was stated to us that officially there is no commuting or commuting policy. All bases are live-in ... that being said they acknowledged that there are pilots who commute, but it's 100% accountable to the pilot to show up on time.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:41 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Could you help explain scheduling? I'm not familiar with 4/3 or 8/6 regarding start days. Does that mean you start the same day every week and that start day of the week is consistent from one bid period to the next? For example, would a pilot plan to work every Sun - Wed or Thurs - Sun every week for the bid period? Is the start day bid by seniority or is that consistent from one bid period to the next? Thanks!
Old 12-28-2019, 09:01 PM
On Reserve

Position: Survey Pilot

Originally Posted by lifetakesflight
I don't think you need any multi turbine time. I personally had only my 68 MEL hours in a Seminole and it seemed more than enough. Basic goal markers seemed to be Total Time, Breakdown Times (PIC, XC, etc.) and Ratings Required. For those less than 1500 hours, I felt it was well understood that your hours are going to be limited in scope. I'd reach out early and see what you need to start making yourself competitive!

[MENTION=78303]luke3[/MENTION] -- thanks for the insight!

[MENTION=73124]Jimisawesome[/MENTION] -- it was stated to us that officially there is no commuting or commuting policy. All bases are live-in ... that being said they acknowledged that there are pilots who commute, but it's 100% accountable to the pilot to show up on time.
Awesome, thanks for the info. Is there a pilot recruiter that I can contact or who would I need to reach out to? I saw the general number on the website and I'll just use that if there's no one specific.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by flyingbeto
Could you help explain scheduling? I'm not familiar with 4/3 or 8/6 regarding start days. Does that mean you start the same day every week and that start day of the week is consistent from one bid period to the next? For example, would a pilot plan to work every Sun - Wed or Thurs - Sun every week for the bid period? Is the start day bid by seniority or is that consistent from one bid period to the next? Thanks!
Exactly. 8/6 work Friday-Friday or Sunday-Sunday. They cover opposite weeks of the month so half of the lines have you working every 1st and 3rd week and the other half every 2nd and 4th. In the past we've had other start dates in the middle of the week but they haven't had those schedules in a long time. It's a shame because I used to love the Tuesday-Tuesday schedule.

4/3 from this last period are Wed-Sat and Fri-Mon with some slight variation to the pattern in the middle. There were also two Mon-Thurs lines.

You see all available schedules in the app and rank them in order by preference. They are then awarded based on seniority.