Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 07:02 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by Worldtrvlr
If things don't start to look up at Compass, Jetsuite would be a good place to burn your hat.
Fixed it for you.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Looking to clarify the nonrev benefits (not CASS) for JSX. I've seen a couple different things on the forums. One of their current ads says "Non-revenue standby travel on JetSuite, JSX, JetBlue, Spirit Airlines and Southwest Airlines."

Do they really let JSX employees nonrev on JetSuite? I imagine it'd be on empty-leg flights?

And as for JetBlue, Southwest, and Spirit, are those just ZED? Or actual free nonrev?

Finally, does family (wife, kids, parents) get any benefits?

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by BobSacamano
Do they really let JSX employees nonrev on JetSuite? I imagine it'd be on empty-leg flights?
Yes, on empty leg flights

And as for JetBlue, Southwest, and Spirit, are those just ZED? Or actual free nonrev?
Those are Zed fares, as well as jumpseat on Spirit, JetBlue, and Frontier, FedEx plus a few other carriers

Finally, does family (wife, kids, parents) get any benefits?
It will depend on each agreement. Off the top of my head, family is allowed to Zed on Southwest but not on JetBlue
Old 11-02-2019, 06:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times, but

1. how many legs do you tend to fly per day (is it sort of a recurring pattern like PHX-BUR-OAK-BFI and then back or is it random?)

2. how many nights away from home per month on average?

Thanks
Old 11-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by David Puddy

1. how many legs do you tend to fly per day (is it sort of a recurring pattern like PHX-BUR-OAK-BFI and then back or is it random?)

Thanks
They have some patterns that you learn to see pretty often. 3-5 legs a day. Duty between 7-11.5 hours is somewhat typical. A few min rests in the rotation pretty typical. As is a few 1-2 leg days. It’s a total crapshoot but a combo of all of the above.

For an 8 day rotation be prepared to be gone all 8 days. Some bases are home basically every night it seems (OAK) while others are gone all the time (LAS). I’d say expect 66% overnights for now though.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:47 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Can a junior pilot get a 4/3 or 7/7 schedule?

Also, I’ve heard a little bit about some sort of guaranteed interview with JetBlue. Haven’t seen any details about it. Does anyone know more about that?
Old 11-02-2019, 07:53 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Default 4/3 7/7 and Jetblue

Originally Posted by Peter Peterlini
Can a junior pilot get a 4/3 or 7/7 schedule?

Also, I’ve heard a little bit about some sort of guaranteed interview with JetBlue. Haven’t seen any details about it. Does anyone know more about that?
4/3 and 7/7 tend to go pretty senior on the Captain side, one might still be able to sneak in a line on the FO side as we are short FOs right now. I’ve been with the company for quite some time now and have not heard anything more than rumours about the JetBlue interview. Hope this helps.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:57 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by luke3
Yes, on empty leg flights

Those are Zed fares, as well as jumpseat on Spirit, JetBlue, and Frontier, FedEx plus a few other carriers

I was able to book my wife a Zed Fare on JetBlue so I can confirm that one.

It will depend on each agreement. Off the top of my head, family is allowed to Zed on Southwest but not on JetBlue
I was able to book my wife with a Zed on JetBlue so I can confirm that one.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

There is no official JetBlue pathway or interview. They send their gateway pilots here though.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:33 AM
Line Holder

Position: King Air 200 PIC
Default Commuting to OAK at JSX, is it doable?

After reading a lot of the threads here and posting several questions I thought I would share what I have learned for anyone thinking of commuting to OAK at JSX (I may be the only one right now). It was reading some of the recent posts (below) that got me thinking:

Originally Posted by Da40Pilot
I think this is important to mention: I would highly advise to live in base or close to base (reachable by car) if you’re going to work at JSX. I know some do commute but it’s because they have been here for a while and have always been able to hold a 8/6 or 7/7 schedule. You’re gonna find it very difficult to commute when your line is most likely going to be 2 on 2 off 1 on 1 off 3 on 4 off etc...the first couple of 56 day bid periods (since you’ll be junior and will only be able to hold the left over schedules) + the fact that you won’t know until 3-4 days before at any given time where your overnights will be. We also don’t have jumpseat privileges with a major yet if you’re planning on commuting from far away. This may all change next year but just wanted to give those that are considering commuting a heads up.
This is somewhat different info from what I was given at the interview but maybe more honest, only time will tell. I am in the November class and will be commuting by car about 2.5 hours to OAK, I have a couple friends and non immediate family that my be able to help me out on overnights in base and from the research I’ve done $350/month is about the best you can do for a crash pad in OAK. There’s a lot of Airbnb’s available short notice as well for $30-$50 a night but like stated here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy

Thanks
They have some patterns that you learn to see pretty often. 3-5 legs a day. Duty between 7-11.5 hours is somewhat typical. A few min rests in the rotation pretty typical. As is a few 1-2 leg days. It’s a total crapshoot but a combo of all of the above.

For an 8 day rotation be prepared to be gone all 8 days. Some bases are home basically every night it seems (OAK) while others are gone all the time (LAS). I’d say expect 66% overnights for now though.

if I’m back in base every night that would also be different from what I was told and would be very difficult to sustain for very long. Hopefully there isn’t any kind of bait and switch going on here, I honestly don’t think there is, maybe just some conflicting info. I am committed to try and make this work and looking forward to being part the team at JSX so once I’ve got a few rotations under my belt I will give an honest update on how commutable OAK is and if it’s worth it as it is hard to tell at the moment.

As I mentioned in some earlier threads I was told (at the interview) that there are several people commuting to OAK already but unfortunately I have not been able to confirm this on the forum since I have had no replies from those individuals. If you are one of those and have any current info, as always it would be greatly appreciated, for now I am ok ”rolling the dice” and will have to trust that it will all work out.