Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 04:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Originally Posted by Minepza
No they don't force you to live at the hotel. They're not checking if you're in bed at lights out. Take the hotel so you have a have place to stay and study with classmates and you can still go home. They just care that you show up on time and pass training.
They said mandatory.
Old 02-16-2023, 06:12 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by ORD567
Are you at least allowed to go visit your family on the weekends? Or can your family come visit you?
You get about 3 days off total for the entire month of training.
Old 02-16-2023, 11:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019

its pretty much industy standard for the airline to billet you once training starts. unless the training facility is near your house maybe you can skip the hotel and drive direct to the sim.
Old 02-17-2023, 06:58 AM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Could someone send me the loads today for

CCR-BUR
OAK-BUR

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2023, 11:44 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2022

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger
Could someone send me the loads today for

CCR-BUR
OAK-BUR

Thanks!
CCR - 4 seats open
OAK - 3 seats (1600L), 8 seats (1800)
Old 02-17-2023, 03:18 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by ORD567
So they force you to live in the hotel during the training? Even if you already live in the city where training is??
They’ll even remind you multiple times during the month that you have to stay in the hotel and no guests allowed. Kinda tugs at your autonomy a bit but you’ve gotta assume that somewhere along the way they figured out this way is best. It does seem like you’re being micromanaged a bit but there truly isn’t a lot of spare time outside of studying. I know there’s more days off at other training programs and you can jam home for a night but you better be back in time and not slip. I’m sure that there are those that live locally who genuinely DO have a good support system at home that would enable them to still stay focused on training (And sleep in your own bed and have your own home cooked meals) but that’s probably more of an exception than the rule. They really want you to spend a lot of time studying WITH your partner so if your partner is at the hotel and you’re at home, that complicates it. The time away from family is tough. And many people choose this airline FOR the schedule to be home more so it feels counter to the philosophy. I think the family time could potentially recharge someone if you gave a couple days off in the middle…but there’s always a flip side…
Old 02-17-2023, 06:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Originally Posted by gottaloveit
They’ll even remind you multiple times during the month that you have to stay in the hotel and no guests allowed. Kinda tugs at your autonomy a bit but you’ve gotta assume that somewhere along the way they figured out this way is best. It does seem like you’re being micromanaged a bit but there truly isn’t a lot of spare time outside of studying. I know there’s more days off at other training programs and you can jam home for a night but you better be back in time and not slip. I’m sure that there are those that live locally who genuinely DO have a good support system at home that would enable them to still stay focused on training (And sleep in your own bed and have your own home cooked meals) but that’s probably more of an exception than the rule. They really want you to spend a lot of time studying WITH your partner so if your partner is at the hotel and you’re at home, that complicates it. The time away from family is tough. And many people choose this airline FOR the schedule to be home more so it feels counter to the philosophy. I think the family time could potentially recharge someone if you gave a couple days off in the middle…but there’s always a flip side…
This is a perfect explanation. I am local so I thought it was perfect. A month away from home is the complete opposite. Especially when I live 30 minutes down the road.
Old 02-17-2023, 06:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2022

Does JSX hire direct entry Captains? Or at least provide ATP-CTP for those?
Old 02-18-2023, 07:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by tlove482
They said mandatory.
Mandatory that you take the hotel. You can still go home if you're local. You're overthinking it.
Old 02-18-2023, 10:11 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by astray
Does JSX hire direct entry Captains? Or at least provide ATP-CTP for those?
My understanding is that they don’t hire direct entry captains persay but you’d likely have very quick upgrades, like within a few months. And I think yes on the ATP-CTP